Community Lending Manager
Community Lending Manager
Under the supervision of the Chief Program Officer, the Community Lending Manager is responsible for the development, supervision and delivery of NeighborWorks Home Partners’ (NWHP) Community Lending programs, including lead cultivation, loan origination, processing, underwriting, and closing and post-closing. Currently, NWHP programs include first mortgage, down payment and home improvement lending.
This position will deliver and oversee high quality residential mortgage origination by providing responsible lending opportunities to homebuyers and homeowners, with an emphasis on underserved markets, furthering the mission of NeighborWorks Home Partners. In addition to the oversight of all lending staff, the Community Lending Manager is the direct service provider for First Mortgage customers through the full lending process, from welcoming the customer, origination, file documentation, and closure. An essential focus of this role is to deliver and support exceptional customer service and expand NWHP’s lending capacity and efficiency.
We need a leader to direct our lending staff as well as launch our first mortgage program. While you must have strong first mortgage origination experience, you are also a mentor, eager to guide a team and a customer base for this program. You want to lead the way for our customers to have a fantastic first mortgage experience. You feel passionate about helping people, particularly to help us reduce the disparity in homeownership rates in Minnesota communities of color. Finally, you are resourceful and feel comfortable with technology as you will be implementing a program that is new to our organization!
- 3+ years of first mortgage loan origination experience with strong credit & analytical skills.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience, with the ability to develop and motivate staff.
- Proven ability to thrive in a high production environment, requiring enthusiasm, self-motivation, a positive attitude and ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Solid organizational and time management skills; ability to design and navigate new processes.
- Strong knowledge in residential lending underwriting, delivery of documents, regulations and factors affecting borrower’s successful homeownership.
- Ability to work collaboratively in team settings with staff and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good judgment, common sense, maturity, tolerance for stress, and team spirit.
- Ability to obtain and maintain necessary professional certifications..
- Fluency in two or more languages (including English) and a passion for our mission.
- Computer proficiency – Microsoft Office, Calyx Point, Salesforce (or similar software).
- Knowledge of affordable housing down payment assistance programs available in our market and capability to assist borrowers in accessing assistance.
Physical and Schedule Requirements
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends and maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
The salary range of this position is $60-$70,000. At NeighborWorks Home Partners, we offer a competitive benefits package, including employer paid accident and identity coverage, PTO, retirement, eleven holidays and a 38-hour work-week.
NeighborWorks Home Partners revitalizes neighborhoods by creating and supporting successful homeownership. We transform neighborhoods in St. Paul and surrounding communities through high-quality homebuyer education and counseling, home improvement lending and down payment assistance, foreclosure prevention services and the redevelopment of neglected properties and vacant lots to provide high-quality, safe, and sustainable housing. For over 35 years, we have assisted thousands of families achieve their dream of homeownership. Our office is located in St. Paul with convenient access to the interstate and mass transit (buses and green line train), with free parking available. Our aspiration includes eliminating the disparity in homeownership rates among communities of color, and we encourage applications from members of traditionally underserved communities.
For more information, please visit: https://nwhomepartners.org/about/what-we-do/ NeighborWorks Home Partners is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Please visit our website at https://nwhomepartners.org/about/careers/ and select the Community Lending Manager role. Please submit your interest via website.
Disclaimer: The above statements may be abbreviated and are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this position. NeighborWorks Home Partners reserves the right to change or modify such duties, as required. A complete job description is available on our website.