MEMBERSHIP FUNDRAISING SPECIALIST (Part-Time)
At Twin Cities PBS, our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities through the power of public media. Our Membership and Viewer Services team connects with our audiences to support the most impacting and meaningful programming for our communities, and they have an immediate opening in the Call Center. You could be part of this important work!
TPT is seeking a Membership Fundraising Specialist who is experienced in outbound telemarketing sales and/or has a sales background who can make a meaningful, authentic connection with our viewers to support Twin Cities PBS initiatives and programming through memberships and donations.
This position offers an hourly wage + commission, evening hours Monday – Thursday with flexible Friday daytime hours. This position includes paid holidays and vacation for employees working 20 hours or more weekly.
KEY POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Makes outbound fundraising calls to current, renewing, lapsed, and prospective TPT members.
- Learns and applies professional telephone sales and fundraising skills to help TPT continue its mission.
- Maximizes revenue for TPT through efficient use of time and resources.
- Accurately enters telephone call outcomes in call center software.
- Recognizes and responds quickly and professionally to unexpected situations.
- Consistently fulfills work schedule.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Sales or fundraising experience preferred
- Familiarity with PBS and our programs
- Ability to learn the basic software/sales computer applications
- Accurate data entry and typing skills
- Solid phone selling and verbal communication skills
- Excellent listening and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a professional and friendly attitude
To learn more or to apply, please go to TPT.org/careers/job-openings and click the “Apply for Jobs” button. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer.