AUDIENCE ENGAGEMENT EDITOR
Twin Cities PBS (TPT) has an immediate opening for an Audience Engagement Editor to build deep, authentic connections with audiences, partners, and diverse communities who have not discovered our two leading service journalism sites yet — Rewire.org and NextAvenue.org. This role plans, gathers, analyzes and shares out powerful, impactful stories that matter most to our audiences!
Rewire delivers original and thought-provoking content that inspires young adults to grow, thrive and build a better world. Next Avenue is a trusted resource for what is now the largest segment of the adult population, and works every day to change how older Americans – and aging in general – are viewed in our country and to provide people with information and resources to live more vitally.
Our Audience Engagement Editor is a digitally savvy journalist eager to connect audiences with our storytelling and quickly matches brand tone and adeptly manages several social feeds. As a member of our core audience team, this person plays a crucial part in determining and executing digital distribution and engagement strategies that include social platforms, newsletters, crowdsourced content, notifications, SEO and paid and organic traffic.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for writing, scheduling and performance of all social media content for multiple digital content brands; develops, schedules and tracks an ideal mix of content based on engagement and marketing objectives.
- Moderates comments and manages communities to cultivate a more engaged audience for our storytelling work, and helps bring in new sources and story ideas.
- Supports revenue and editorial teams by creating content, in the style appropriate to each brand and need, then gathering requested web, social, and email analytics and providing insights.
- Continual learner who is up-to-date on all digital media and marketing trends and shares with the team -- from Flipboard and TikTok to chatbots and whatever comes next.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- 3+ years of applicable digital content, journalism, and social media experience. Agency experience a plus.
- Exceptional writing, reporting and editing skills.
- Proven ability to successfully market a variety of content, with an innate sense of how to position social content for optimal engagement and following SEO best practices.
- Experience running editorial calendars for social media content and campaigns; experience working with social media management tools (Sprout Social, Sprinklr, Hootsuite, etc.).
- Demonstrated experience as a highly analytical thinker who is able to think critically and incorporate data and testing into project decisions while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Proficient experience with AP style, SEO best practices and excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills.
- Experience creating, scheduling and tracking ad performance (Google AdSense, Doubleclick for Publishers, and Facebook Ads Manager).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to work cross-functionally with different departments and work styles. Must be comfortable with fast-moving organizational culture.
If you have the required skills and abilities, please submit your cover letter, resume and at least two writing samples on our Career Center at http://www.tpt.org/careers/job-openings