Accounts Payable Specialist
One of our top clients is currently looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist to join their growing team. This immediate, position offers a casual work environment and competitive salary. You will handle general full-cycle accounts payable functions. Our ideal Accounts Payable Specialist candidate would be a self-starter with a positive, “can-do” attitude and who thrives in a high-volume environment. If this sounds like a great match for you, be sure to apply today!
• Review all invoices and seek approval prior to processing, determine appropriate accounting treatment and properly code invoices in accounting system
• Manage company travel & expense program on Concur, prepare batches in accounting system for reimbursement.
• Manage corporate credit card portfolio including reconciling expenses in credit card statements to expense reports.
• Provide authorization for the issuance of purchase orders based on Board approved budgets. Work closely with various departments to accurately reflect price, schedule, terms & conditions negotiated in purchase agreements, evaluate contracts for accuracy and track project costs against approved budgets.
• Evaluate alternate bids and research prospective suppliers.
• Serve as a point of contact for all vendor related issues on purchase orders, billing discrepancies, supporting documentation, etc.
• Organize and analyze data, perform budget vs. actual analysis and prepare reports and summary information and trends.
• Prepare batches in accounting system of accounts payable invoices, obtain signature for checks and distribute checks accordingly.
• Responsible for preparation & issuance of 1099s.
• Reconcile vendor’s statements, research and correct discrepancies such as duplicates etc.
• Maintain AP files and documentation thoroughly and accurately in accordance with accounting practices.
• Provide supporting documentation for audits.
• Prepare account reconciliations and close accounts payable subledger on a monthly basis.
• Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in business, finance, or accounting.
• 3-5 years of accounts payable experience.
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures.
• Experience with Concur a plus.
• Experience managing a corporate credit card program.