Information Security Analyst
Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for an Information Security Analyst located in our Grand Forks, ND office.
The Information Security Analyst monitors, detects, and responds to cyber threats to the cooperative. This would include collection and review of aggregated logs to monitor, tune, and harden systems and services related to security, network, applications and infrastructure operations. This position will also review and assess security bulletins and assist with security awareness procedures and training.
Requires a bachelor degree in cyber security, computer science or other related area, or equivalent combination of experience and education. On-line applications located at www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
- Assess, implement, measure and control the cyber security baseline and manage deviations of the baseline.
- Assists in the identification, handling and resolution of cyber security incidents.
- Monitors and Analyze Security Information Event Management (SIEM) event logs from servers, firewalls and intrusion detection sensors (IDPS) for potential security policy violations or incidents.
- Identify, monitor and assess security vulnerabilities applicable to Cooperative information systems.
- Develop mitigation strategies and recommendations to resolve known vulnerabilities or findings.
- Assists in the development, implementation and review of security plans, policies and procedures.
- Perform vulnerability testing and risk assessments to identify mitigation plans for Cooperative cyber systems.
- Maintains compliant work processes according to applicable regulatory standards and Cooperative policies and programs.
- Assists in evaluations of IT disaster recovery plans.
- Assists in end-user IT security training and awareness programs.
- Maintains procedural documentation
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Cyber Security, Computer Science, or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Two or more years’ experience with log analysis, investigation of findings, root cause analysis and event mitigation preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of firewalls, proxies, SIEM, antivirus and IDPS concepts
- Experience with SIEM configuration, tuning, and support preferred
- Experience with System administration and hardening preferred
- Understanding of patch management and deployment
- Experience with Identity and Access Management
- Experience with CIS Controls preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of data loss prevention, anti-virus and anti-malware
- CISSP or SANS GSEC Preferred