Medical Staff Coordinator
We Are Currently Looking For A Medical Staff Coordinator.
This position is located in our Eden Prairie, MN office.
The Medical Staff Coordinator provides administrative and database support for the Licensing Specialists and Licensing Analysts. Is responsible for maintaining medical licenses and processing state license renewals. Familiarity and compliance with state rules, regulations and reporting requirements. Also responsible for ensuring continuing medical education (CME) compliance prior to license renewals, mandatory state profile compliance, malpractice and adverse action reporting compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completion of initial and renewal state licensing applications
- Support in completion of state specific verifications and follow-up with facilities to ensure proper delivery to the medical boards
- Maintain specific departmental workflow responsibilities as assigned (i.e. renewal workflows, checklists, tasks, etc.)
- Assist radiologist in the tracking and compliance of: CME requirements (i.e. uploading and reporting), licensing applications, mandatory profile compliance, malpractice/adverse action reporting compliance
- Mailing, scanning and uploading of items
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-2 years of administrative or related experience preferred
- Medical Staff Office or previous credentialing or medical licensing experience a plus
- Strong customer service skills and the ability to build effective relationships with peers as well as customers
- Ability to work in a fully electronic records system with minimal paperwork
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong work ethic, reliable and responsible
- Must be able to work independently but also be able to work in a team environment
- Detail oriented and able to work in a fast paced environment to meet goals
- Strong organizational skills
About Virtual Radiologic
Inspiring. Empowering. Rewarding. Fun. These are some of the words people commonly use to describe their careers at vRad – and are the reasons why we were recognized as one of the Top 150 workplaces by the Star Tribune in 2019, 2018 and 2017.
vRad is proud to be a MEDNAX company, a national health solutions partner specializing in neonatal and other pediatric services, anesthesia, radiology, pediatric cardiology and other physician and management services. A MEDNAX physician provides care to one in every 4 babies born in the U.S. each year. 500+ vRad radiologists read over 6.5M studies for patients in all 50 states. We think those are pretty cool and powerful company facts! As part of the MEDNAX family, we are committed to “Take great care of the patient, every day and in every way.”
As a vRad team member, your main focus is quality patient care. At vRad, you’ll work with some of the healthcare industry’s most innovative minds on high-impact projects designed to move the practice of radiology forward. No matter what you do at vRad, you’ll play a part in shaping the future of radiology and patient care.