Days: $18 - $20 / hr based on qualifications
Hiring rate or hiring range: $18 - $20 / hr based on qualifications
Processes payroll and payroll-related documents to ensure accurate and timely payment to employees/team members. Provides guest service to employees/team members. Provides guest servuce to employees/team members.
- Performs data entry of payroll for multiple pay groups to include tips, orientation, training, paid Personal Time Off (PTO), bereavement pay, acting casino manager pay, on call duty pay and other payroll requested items in the payroll and timekeeping system. Performs detailed audits of payroll and timekeeping. Distributes payroll and management reports. Assist with set up for electronic pay statements and reset passwords.
- Researches, calculates, and processes payroll corrections, manual time cards, and wardrobe deductions and reimbursements.
- Organizes and distributes payroll checks. Mails checks to former employees/team members and mails direct deposit letters for new set-ups.
- Responds to and assist employees/team members with questions and/or concerns. Responds to or contacts departments for payroll related information.
- Completes and audits employment verifications. Maintains, calculates, sets up and processes all garnishments/child support files, prepares and processes check requests for manual garnishment/child support calculations.
- Occasional tasks.
Requirements: Schedule: Hours are Monday -- Friday 8:00 -- 4:30 with 1 day per week covering until 5pm. Payroll works the 1st Saturday of the month for orientation, currently 7:00am to 9:00am (Usually 2 hours). May work holidays depends on when the holiday falls. Busy payroll days are Monday/Tuesday and due to a holiday Payroll may need to be pushed up 1 day earlier requiring Payroll to work on a Sunday.
- Combination of post-secondary education and/or experience to equal two years in payroll/timekeeping or related field.
- One year experience in a large computerized payroll environment.
- Current knowledge of applicable wage and hour laws, and IRS laws and regulations pertaining to payroll processing
- Knowledge and experience in payroll and timekeeping software.
- Proficient 10-key and basic math skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, electronic calendar, mail software and presentations.
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs.
- Heavy keyboarding - 85% of time.