We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team. In this role you will be performing preventative maintenance within an ethanol plant. Our ideal candidate would have a strong mechanical aptitude and be comfortable with troubleshooting. *This position operates on a rotating schedule, shifts are 7-7.
- Maintain all plant equipment including, but not limited to: centrifuges, pumps, motors, gearboxes, minor electrical systems, PLC’s, heat exchangers, compressors, grain handling equipment and fans or blowers.
- Discuss any problems or unsafe conditions with the management team.
- Learn the plant process for a better understanding of how the equipment is utilized.
- Operate equipment including, but not limited to: telehandler, skid steers, tractors, ATVs, pay loaders and fork lifts.
- Perform welding, cutting and fabrication on plant and structural equipment.
- Responsible for concrete work including building forms, pouring and finishing.
- Understand the basic operation of the biorefining process to better understand how the equipment and controls are utilized.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience with fabrication, welding, cutting; repair of equipment such as pumps, gearboxes, airlocks, fans/blowers, agitator assemblies, and valves; boiler operations and water chemistry; material handling systems such as conveyors; preventative maintenance practices, fabrication and repair of metal/plastic piping systems; and instrument and electrical work preferred.
- Experience with concrete work, hydraulics, pneumatic and fluid processes and ability to read schematic drawings is helpful.
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office Suite and the ability and willingness to learn new software applications.