Field Service Technician II
Provide support to customers through technical phone support, field service, equipment installs, and bench repairs on industrial inkjet printers and lasers. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of task. Works under general supervision. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Conduct field service and installation work.
- Provide technical phone support to customers including extended hours of support.
- Perform in-house repair of industrial continuous ink jet printing equipment.
- Provide professional customer service.
- Access bills of material and drawings to support repair efforts.
- Document work performed, time and parts used to complete duties. May access computerized returned-goods system to enter updates or obtain information.
- Advise supervisor or other departments of unusual damage or failures that may have been caused by Squid design, assembly or shipping efforts.
- Recommend changes to design, assembly or packaging procedures to improve product serviceability, performance or durability.
- Adhere to department policies for warranty and service repairs.
- Follow customer’s site requirements for personal protective equipment, behavior, etc.
- Set-up and test new printers and repair as needed for shipment.
- Package and prepare printers for shipment.
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by following inventory processing procedures.
- Work safely. Maintain safe, clean and organized work area.
- Train coworkers as assigned
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5-10 years related experience.
- Intermediate understanding of electronics and PC networking.
- Strong electro-mechanical aptitude with good trouble-shooting skills.
- Ability to provide professional customer service.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and manage time effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid Class D driver’s license.
- Ability to travel 50-60% of the time.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Associates degree in a technical specialty.
- Previous experience servicing CIJ printers.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, and similar elements during most of a normal workday.
- Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 30 pounds.
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.