Construction Project Manager (Owner’s Representative)
- Employment Status
- Full Time
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a Construction Owner’s Representative. With guidance and direction from the Director of Construction, coordinate and supervise the construction process from pre-construction through final construction, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget. The Construction Project Manager works collaboratively with the internal CommonBond team(s), engineers, architects, contractors, and others who involved in the real estate development process.
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
Schedule: 40 hours/ week flexible schedule, 7 am start time (benefits eligible)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
Pre-Development: Participate in the development of proposed project schedules and budgets.
- Conduct site evaluations/assessments for potential acquisitions, and prepare preliminary scope budgets.
- Provide input on the local jurisdiction, environmental, and other germane requirements, regulations, etc.
- Review surveys, soil borings, and other test results as requested
- Assist with responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP) for acquisitions.
- Collaborate with other departments in the selection of architects and engineers.
- Assist in the development of Requests for Qualifications (RFQ) and RFPs.
- Assist in developing fit plans, and work with architects on preliminary design to ensure the envisioned design is feasible within the preliminary project budget.
- Conduct pre-construction due diligence (e.g., conceptual design vis-à-vis soils; Phase I & II review, etc.)
- Conduct design development reviews.
- Work with internal CommonBond team(s) to negotiate and finalize project designs.
- Ensure project design adheres to CBC Building Guidelines
CONSTRUCTION: Manage the construction process for new construction and acquisition/rehabilitation projects to ensure they meet timeline and budget
- Solicit and review bids, and negotiate contracts with general contractors, architects, engineers, etc.
- Assist with contract review.
- Coordinate project schedule and construction/architect budget with department requirements.
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments regarding relocation, site issues, etc. Keep internal CommonBond teams apprised of construction timeline, potential issues, etc. on a timely and regular basis.
- Manage the general contractor’s estimating, bidding, and buyout of the hard costs of general contractor sub-contractors.
- Oversee General Contractor to ensure follow through on all timelines and requirements.
- Track and manage budgeted, actual, and anticipated construction costs as they relate to committed contracts.
- Oversee contract, change order, and monthly billing administration. Assess and verify the legitimacy of all change orders. Resolve construction issues. Review proposed changes to the scope of work recommended by architects/engineers Initiate and maintain effective client, general contractor, architect, and consultant relationships.
- Attend owner/architect/general contractor site visits to review construction progress.
- Advise on matters related to labor unions, wage requirements, and federal bidding requirements.
- Manage and track contingency spending.
- Coordinate materials, colors, equipment & furnishings selection with internal CommonBond team(s).
- Coordinate equipment start-up and adjustments with contractors and CommonBond property management and facilities management staff. Coordinate training of CommonBond property management and facilities staff.
- Review architect/engineer final punch lists, and ensure resolution of all items.
- Receive and review the Owner’s manuals and warranties.
- Receive as-built drawings for project files.
- Conduct 11-month warranty inspections with architects, contractor(s) and CommonBond site maintenance staff.
- Assist in the review, update, and implementation of CommonBond Building Guidelines.
- Four to five years of construction-related experience. Construction Management or related degree preferred.
- Experience in multi-family construction preferred.
- Experience in construction document handling and administration.
- Experience in organizing and managing cost estimating, bidding, buyout, and scheduling procedures.
- Experience in effectively managing project consultants (e.g., surveyor, geo-tech, etc.) and delegating tasks to achieve project within budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage job costs and implement steps to maximize cost savings.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction standards and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems associated with cost and schedule management.
- Proficient computer skills using Microsoft Office.
- Must be comfortable in both professional office and fieldwork.
- Ability to work across departments, and effectively work within a team environment.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 15 pounds unassisted.
- Ability to enter data into a computer and calculator.
- Able to kneel, crouch, stoop, walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property inspections and tours.
- Ability to work in a variety of outdoor weather conditions.
- Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Must be willing and able to travel.