6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
*** $1,000 Sign On Bonus ***
The Maintenance Technician is primarily responsible for performing various home maintenance functions, including recording work activity in maintenance work orders, following up on unresolved work orders, routine maintenance, inspections, new home orientations with residents and maintaining knowledge of HBH maintenance policies and procedures. The Maintenance Tech assigned to the Make-Ready process will be responsible to remove existing locks and replace with construction locks, perform general maintenance items in accordance with the Make-Ready Checklist, as well as, perform Readiness Inspection once the PMG – Turn has been completed. Preventative maintenance inspections include inspection of HVAC system, plumbing lines in kitchens and bath, as well as, bathroom facilities. A general inspection will also be conducted to determine if there are any Health and Safety Concerns or lease/code violations.
- General Residential Punch Out
- Paint touch-up
- Light plumbing repairs
- Filter Changes
- Appliance Repair
- Lock Repairs/Replacement
- Routine Maintenance
- Install/Repair Window Coverings
- Preventative Maintenance
- HVAC Repairs
- Vinyl Repair & Installation
- Problem Solving
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Responding to resident service requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Performing on-call emergency service as required, including nights and weekends.
- Reporting any maintenance issues for repair on vacant or model homes, HBH Field Office locations, and common areas as directed by Management.
- Assisting in monitoring and controlling maintenance inventory and/or supplies in all HBH inventory locations and maintenance vehicles.
- Assist in conducting “move-in and move-out” inspections, and other annual inspections per HBH policies and procedures.
- Provide basic punch out repairs to recently vacated properties.
- Assist on special maintenance projects, including those related to preventative and routine maintenance of building components and/or mechanical systems.
- Work closely with management and maintenance staff in developing an integral team that effectively represents the quality and professionalism of HBH.
- Maintain open communication with the property management team.
- Consistently maintain a professional, courteous attitude when dealing with residents, co-workers and the general public, at all times, on or off HBH properties.
- Attend and participate in training as directed Management.
- Operate with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times, as well as being responsible for all tools and equipment belonging to HBH.
- Delivering various HBH communications to residents as needed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Trade school and/or military training a plus.
- One to five years of verifiable hands-on general maintenance experience (i.e. plumbing, electrical, carpeting, and painting, etc.) is preferred with proficiency in at least one major area.
- Bilingual, Spanish/ English is a plus.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Valid driver’s license along with a good driving record.
- EPA certifiable or Licensed HVAC status is preferred.
- Inside and outside work in all types of weather.
- Medium to heavy work requiring prolonged or repeating standing, walking, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and lifting to a maximum 100lbs., with frequent lifting and carrying up to 50lbs.
- Good hand/eye coordination is essential.
- Must be able to lift and work with heavy equipment.
HavenBrook Homes is an equal opportunity employer
Apply for Maintenance Technician
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly