Chief Financial Officer
6 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
- Provide financial counsel and support to the President at a strategic level.
- Provide leadership and direction for the financial operations of the College such as, monitor internal auditing controls, oversee accounting records, assist the State with preparing annual financial statements, serve as the audit liaison, manage equipment replacements and upgrades, and manage lease agreements and contracts.
- Oversee the College’s numerous grants, accounts payable and receivable, purchasing, fixed assets, general accounting, Project Success Emergency Aid Program, and bookstore management/inventory.
- Prepare and manage the College’s budget, ensuring transparency.
- Facilitate a positive and productive relationship with the Fond du Lac Band of Lake Superior Chippewa on grants relating to the partnership.
- Manage and provide direct leadership and support to five employees in the business office, purchasing/payroll, and the campus bookstore.
- Coordinate and communicate financial data, facilities management, and capital proposals with the Office of the Chancellor.
- Serve as a member of the President’s Cabinet.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in accounting, finance, or related field
- Five or more years of experience working in an accounting, finance, or related field
- Supervisory/Leadership experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and business principles, and strategic planning and budgeting procedures. Strong technical skills in finance, accounting, analysis, planning, and forecasting
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Comprehensive computer skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant
- Master’s degree
- Experience working as a CFO or related position
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working with Tribal communities and/or Tribal educational institutions
- Experience managing grants
To be considered for this position, you must apply online at PeopleAdmin and attach the following to your online application:
- Cover letter outlining how you meet the minimum qualifications of the position,
- CV or resume, and
- A copy of your transcript(s). (Official transcripts will be required of hired applicant.)
Mailed or paper applications will not be considered. Questions about the position may be directed to Marisa Haggy, Human Resources Director, at email@example.com.
Minnesota State offers excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, personal days and sick leave, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, pre-tax benefits, defined benefit and defined contribution retirement plans, 457(b) and 403(b) retirement savings plans, and tuition waiver for employees and dependents.
Interview travel expenses are the responsibility of the candidate.
Visit www.fdltcc.edu to learn more about Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College.
Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College is a member of Minnesota State and is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and educator committed to the principles of diversity. We actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status.
This document is available in alternative formats to individuals with disabilities. Consumers with hearing or speech disabilities may contact us via their preferred Telecommunications Relay Service.