Student Engagement & Recreation Coordinator
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Plans and coordinates events and activities for the Education department; along with ordering necessary supplies, and materials. Coordinates snack preparation for the afterschool program, in addition to menu, and meal planning for activities and special events. Maintains a safe and healthy environment.
Maintains documented list of expenses for all activities/events. Responsible for petty cash during events and student activities.
- Prepares and plans short and long term cultural/educational activities that recognize student's potential while staying within approved budget. Develops and maintains master event calendar for department and Community use. Coordinate all activities/events to include program development, location, transportation and staff.
- Directs and participates in all activities for the students. Supervises children during special events, field trips and snack time. Maintains safe environment for students and staff. Is a mandatory reporter of suspected abuse.
- Evaluates recreational activities, programs and special events.
- Maintains and utilizes accurate record keeping systems. Records daily activity attendance. Maintain files containing records of past activities and events. Maintains confidentiality of student and family information.
- Communicates with Community members, families, staff and other departments regarding events through email, phone calls, mailings, social media, etc.
- Create and prepare reports and proposals for monthly Education meeting. Prepares announcements and education articles for the Community newsletter, Community Facebook page, etc.
- Organizes and maintains the Education department activity supplies, kitchen area and supply room. Maintains first aid supplies in cabinet, and activity backpack.
- Communicates changes to after school program, bus schedules, school schedules, and informs other education department staff as needed.
- Assists in evacuation and emergency procedures.
- Ensures the release of children to authorized people only.
- Participates and promotes Dakota language and culture through programming, activities and special events.
- Monitors, and approves access to the front door. Reports suspicious activity to appropriate education department staff. Answers telephone; takes messages; provides information and assistance. Greets and assists staff, students and visitors.
Days Monday - Friday, TBD - based on business needs Hiring Rate or Hiring Range Based on qualifications Requirements
- Associates degree in Education
- One year work experience coordinating events and activities
- Related work experience with native students and families
- Experience planning activities, within the native community
- Demonstrated communication skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, presentation, database, electronic mail software.
- Valid driver's license with good driving record
- C.P.R. and First Aid Certifications or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Education or related degree preferred.