Assembly Supervisor - 2nd Shift
NOW HIRING FOR AN EXPERIENCED ASSEMBLY SUPERVISOR FOR OUR 2ND SHIFT TEAM!
Lakeland Tool & Engineering, d.b.a Plastech Tool & Engineering, a complete precision thermoplastic, engineering and manufacturing services provider for the worldwide market, is searching for an experienced Assembly Supervisor (2nd Shift) to join our team in Anoka, Minnesota.
Summary of Position:
The Assembly Supervisor is responsible for the direct supervision of Assemblers and Lead Assemblers. Supervision responsibilities include anticipating production and employee issues and resolving problems to minimize their effect on production. This also includes the daily placement of team members to the appropriate assembly line or work assignment and ensuring quality and safety standards are maintained.
2nd Shift Schedule: Monday - Friday 3:00 - 11:30pm, overtime as necessary
- Plan, organize and control the day to day activities to meet external and internal customer requirements including the scheduling of orders, manpower planning, and the effective use of equipment to meet daily production requirements
- Observe production activities and monitor assembly lines to ensure operators conform to production and quality standards
- Schedule work cells and generate production schedule to efficiently produce orders and meet commitments to customers. Assist Leads with machine set up as needed
- Work with warehouse, scheduling, and accounting to identify and correct items causing inventory issues. May operate forklifts as needed to support business needs
- Complete required paperwork/record keeping for assembly line activity to ensure productivity and counts are correct to maintain daily efficiencies and balance inventories
- Make label packets for jobs to run and assist Assemblers with production and quality issues to ensure quality products are delivered to the customer
- Complete performance reviews and discipline measures as necessary in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure full adherence to 5S practices at all times to maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Requires a high school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a plastic injection molding or manufacturing environment
- Proven supervisory and/or leadership skills
- Requires Forklift certification (training and certification will be provided)
- On the job training may be required.