Analyzes data for various enterprises and provides reports, including recommendations to improve enterprise operations. Completes month-end requirements for the tribal government or its enterprises, i.e., journal entries, closing of the general ledger, and completion of reports.
- Review retail statements (Convenience Store, Mazopia, Dakotah Meadows, The Meadows at Mystic Lake and Playworks) or tribal government ledger accounts for inventory, accounts payable/ receivable, and cash to ensure completeness and accuracy. This can include: summarizing daily sales transactions/ entering in the General Ledger, reconciling accounts receivable and accounts payable balances to related transactions, reconciling Lottery billings to transactions. Meet with enterprises or departments on weekly basis to discuss accounting functions and answer questions regarding financials. Review general ledger at month's end to ensure all expenses are recorded properly.
- Audit daily paperwork from The Meadow's at Mystic Lake.
- Record journal entries for cash received on account for sales of gas and lottery activity, transfers, ADP charges/debits, NSF checks and any miscellaneous cash transactions. Reconcile monthly bank statements to General Ledger and review to ensure that proper deposits are made daily for Convenience Store, Mazopia, Dakotah Meadows and The Meadows at Mystic Lake. Maintain average monthly cash balances. Help set up and maintain daily cash balances for enterprises on location.
- Work with Convenience Store, Mazopia, Playworks, and The Meadows at Mystic Lake to ensure all system upgrades go smoothly. Learn about the software for enterprises. Help maintain and implement new changes where needed in daily procedures. Work with report writer and create needed reports as necessary. Create spreadsheets for efficiency when software cannot perform task.
- May perform one or more of the following duties.
- Oversee the maintenance of perpetual inventory records and reconcile to General Ledger monthly; notifying on site accounting person of differences to be corrected or adjusted.
- Assist with check requests, petty cash and software issues for The Meadows at Mystic Lake. Print out month end inventory and sales reports. Update policies and procedures for daily transactions.
- Reconcile monthly bank statements-assigned by the Assistant Controller.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Combination of post-secondary education and experience to equal five years in business or related field.
- Experience with a computerized accounting environment.
- Proficiency in word-processing, spreadsheets, database and presentations.