IT Service Desk Specialist
Shift hours are Saturday - Tuesday from 1:30pm - Midnight
Provides 24/7 end-user computer support of Information Technology (IT) networks, software applications and hardware via phone, e-mail, and on-site. Support one hundred plus applications, both stand alone and network based, on seventy plus network servers contained in a predominantly Microsoft TCP/IP network. Take ownership of all incomming Incidents/Requests, and serve as the primary level of escalation. Accurately document, categorize, and prioritize incomming Incidents/Requests to ensure a prompt recovery within the specified Service Level Agreement. Escalate critical situations to the appropriate staff and initiate a conference call or bridge communication between involved parties if necessary. Monitors alerts from critical systems and takes action to ensure stability and uptime. Runs and monitors various system backups and conducts the daily backup tape rotation. Images and deploys desktop computers as a part of the life cycle process.
- Builds rapport and elicits details from end users regarding requests. Answers, evaluates, and prioritizes incoming requests for assistance around existing technologies. Identify core issues and try to resolve. Prioritizes and schedules requests. Escalate (when required) to the appropriately IT resource. Use documentation standards to record information pertaining to requests, to include mitigation, source issues to rectify, and action items to build knowledge base.
- Familiarize with supported hardware and software. Monitors and maintains daily IT stability and security, and routine technology tasks. Installs equipment and software. Execute systems add/move/changes based on defined procedures and access. Handles problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems.
- Provides assistance to other IT team members as needed. May require flexible schedules for a 24/7 business operation.
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology or related IT field and network experience to equal 2 years.
- Must have excellent Customer Service Skills
- Have excellent telephone, listening and communication skills
- Help Desk and/or Call Center software experience (such as ACD, Magic and BMC).
- Knowledge of current network and desktop operating systems.
- Valid driver's license may be required with a good driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 100 lbs.
- Keyboarding up to 75% of time.