2 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Plants, cultivates, and harvests field crops. Assist with honey collection and maple syrup operations. Works with volunteers and youth.
Performs one or more of the following duties:
- Assist in all aspects of a small farm-to-market operation focused on meeting the needs of the SMSC.
- Work in multiple environments including greenhouse, field, high tunnel, pack shed, maple sugar bush, orchard and office.
- Assist with all manner of farm tasks including, planting, seeding, weeding, cultivating, harvesting, processing, packaging, landscape maintenance, and orchard pruning.
- Use machinery & equipment safely and efficiently, including trucks, tractors, rototillers, walk-behind tractors, vegetable washers, flame weeders and power tools, knifes, garden seeders, and other hand tools.
- Assist in farm-related record keeping and documentation.
- Assist with volunteers and youth groups.
- Interact with customers and other SMSC departments.
- May assist in the collection, processing or delivery of maple syrup.
- May assist in the collection, processing or delivery of honey.
- Strong worth ethic and attention to detail.
- Passion for good food and the environment.
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- On feet or standing 90% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Outside work 90% of time. As related to climate conditions. May work in excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.