Advantage Services Specialist
5 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, nearly 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.”
Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities is excited to announce the search for an Advantage Services Specialist at our Seward Tower West property in Minneapolis, MN!
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
- Respond to referrals from the Program Manager and Services Coordinator.
- Provide interpreting/translating assistance.
- Work with Services Coordinator to assess and identify individual and family needs
- Provide education and support to help residents understand housing-related policies and procedures and maintain lease compliance.
- Provide information and referrals to help residents connect with community resources.
- Assist residents to complete the paperwork required to access services or maintain lease compliance.
- Maintain accurate, timely, and detailed documentation on client work in accordance with outlined procedures.
- Monitor the Advantage Center’s physical space
- Maintain workrooms and keep supplies and resources organized.
- Maintain office supply stock and order/purchase supplies for the center when necessary.
- Maintain room schedules and manage room reservations.
- Post monthly Advantage Center hours and maintain a daily schedule.
- Manage the phone system operations
- Ensure all workroom technology equipment in good working order.
- Produce fax and copier reports for monthly billing
- Process incoming and out-going mail
- Greet walk-in residents, visitors, volunteers, and callers
- Answer questions
- Direct residents to specific program areas
- Answer the Advantage Center telephone line.
PROGRAM SUPPORT AND MONITORING
- Provide residents with referrals to other staff and programs
- Perform outreach and promote resident and community involvement in Advantage Center programs
- Work with team to coordinate and promote special events
- Troubleshoot on-site programs
- Manage the regular distribution of written information to residents
- Produce Advantage Center information packets for new residents
- Receive monthly statistics from program providers
- Produce monthly program and services statistics
- Produce other reports on an as-needed basis
NEW PROGRAM DEVELOPMENT
- Support Advantage Center team effort to develop new programs and to create partnerships with members of the larger community
- Promote positive resident and community involvement in Advantage Center activities and services
- Attend Advantage Center and community events to meet residents and answer questions.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with residents and community service providers.
- Participate collaboratively with other members of the Advantage Center and housing site teams including participation in regular team meetings.
- Maintain productive relationships with residents.
- Participate in corporate projects and complete other assignments as assigned.
- Maintain working knowledge of Advantage Center programs.
- Demonstrate and understand the reasons for a change in the workplace and take an active role in adapting to those changes.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Two years of experience in office management or administrative support.
- High level of organization and time management skills.
- Be Certified in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Utilize electronic calendars and scheduling computer software and programs.
- Skilled in MS Office, database and web-based programs.
- Experienced user of copiers, fax machines, scanners, and other office equipment.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Excellent customer service skills.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Multilingual (Arabic, Oromo, Somali)
- Experience working with refugees and/or knowledge of immigration procedures and issues.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
If you have the drive and a passion for strong communities, we’d like you to consider joining our team!
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the Advantage Services Specialist position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.
Qualified candidates can apply at www.commonbond.org/employment
1080 Montreal Ave
St. Paul, MN. 55116
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
CommonBond builds stable homes, strong futures, and vibrant communities.