Minnkota Power is seeking qualified applicants for an Energy Marketer located in our Grand Forks, ND offices.
This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating of generation output and outages, developing a daily load profile based on historical weather and load patterns and reporting data to the Midwest Independent System Operator (MISO). Position requires a degree in energy management, finance, electrical technology or other related area or equivalent combination of experience and education.
On-line applications can be found at www.Minnkota.com. Resumes will not be accepted without a completed application.
Minnkota Power Cooperative is an EEO/AAP/Female/Minority/Disabled/Vets Employer
This position is responsible for scheduling and coordinating of generation output and outages, developing a daily load profile based on historical weather and load patterns and reporting data to the Midwest Independent System Operator (MISO). They will need to maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the MISO Energy and Ancillary Service Market (ASM) and be able to apply this to the MISO settlement process. They will also be responsible for developing and analyzing weather forecasts to integrate wind generation into the daily and weekly plans and be able to manage our sale and purchase contracts. Implementing Demand Response procedures and hourly & daily schedules will be required besides providing proper documentation and communication of those activities.
Generation Scheduling, Analysis and Reporting
- Schedule, monitor & verify generation offers and accurate NERC E-Tags with MISO and the LBA
- Coordinate generation limits and outages with MISO, SPP, LBA’s, plant personnel and Power System Operators
- Develop accurate forecasts and schedule wind generation into the MISO market as well as after the fact analyzing
- Document & report various generation data as well as other job assignments as directed
- Communicate essential responsibilities to ACES for after hour services
Load Scheduling, Analysis and Reporting
- Review historical load patterns & develop a daily load profile to coordinate our demand bid with MISO and the LBA
- Analyze, adjust & report telemetered and metered load prior to submittal to MISO
- Schedule the interruption of all distributed loads to establish peak winter and summer billing demand periods
- Document and report various uncontrolled and interruptible load data
Marketing of Energy
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the MISO market
- Sell and purchase surplus energy and verify interchange schedules with MISO, SPP and the LBA
- Understand, maintain & verify sales and purchases with other utilities
- Record energy prices on transactions and review forward prices for potential sales or purchase opportunities
- Provide accurate accounting of transactions, schedules and NERC E-Tags through our shadowing software
- Implement load management strategies and procedures
- Develop an hourly & daily load management schedule and communicate the plan with our member systems, MISO, LBA and Power System Operators
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of the load management operating procedures and monitor load management equipment status
- Compile, analyze and provide proper documentation of load management activities and connected load data
- Schedule, prepare and report 4-hour Certifications of Interruptible Demand (CID)
- Maintain adequate knowledge of the MISO and SPP settlement rules regarding the energy markets and Ancillary Service Market (ASM) to identify and resolve billing errors
- Verify the MISO and SPP market settlements
- Review MISO invoices for discrepancies in revenue payment
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of MCG’s IAM (Integrated Asset Manager) shadowing software used in the MISO settlement process
- Flexibility & Adaptability
- Problem Solving
- Learning on the Fly
- Timely Decision Making
Goals and Objectives
An employee filling this role is expected to meet changing and unique goals and objectives, as established by their supervisor, related to the broader area in which the employee is assigned.
Job Qualification Standards
Education and Training
- Position requires:
- Energy Management Degree
- Finance Degree
- Electrical Technology Associated Degree
- Experience/Training in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programs preferred
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Minimum requirement would be an employee with Electrical Operations training
- Experience in Energy Marketing, Energy Management preferred