3 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
• Actively participate in the month-end close process, prepare journal entries, balance sheet and income statement reconciliations and analysis.
• Prepare journal entries for recurring expenses, accruals, prepayments, allocated expenses, and/or other adjusting entries.
• Timely and accurate processing of accounting transactions in accordance with GAAP and internal controls
• Collaborate with other cross-functional departments to ensure timeliness of data
• Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis including prepaid expenses, accruals, and other assets & liabilities
• Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements, documenting procedures to achieve efficiencies and scalability
• Pick up ad-hoc requests and projects to aid the development of Company controls
• Assist with monthly and quarterly revenue analysis and project schedules
• Work with Controller to help analyze and document balance sheet and income statement variances
• Assist in external audit including the year-end audit process.
• Help establish and maintain policies and procedures
• Perform functions such as accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll
• Collaborate with management to understand budget implications and implement planning strategy for accounting issues
Required Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance (required)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including complex formulas (required)
• General understanding of GAAP (preferred)
• 1-3 years of accounting experience, construction-related (preferred)
• Willing to research and resolve accounting issues
• Uncompromising attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy
• Proactive problem-solving and addressing issues in a professional and effective manner
• Taking pride in meeting deadlines and exceeding expectations on quality of output
• Ability to prioritize effectively and work well with colleagues across Company divisions
• Ability to break down complex issues and tailor communication style to a range of audiences, including non-accountants, and to clearly articulate ideas, solutions and conclusions to stakeholders.
• Strong organizational, and interpersonal skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Hunter Hamilton
Hunter Hamilton is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Hunter Hamilton is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.