Lead Software Developer
CrossOver Lead Software Developer [October 2020]
[Who we are]
CodeWeavers is a small international company based in St. Paul, Minnesota that enables customers to run Windows programs on macOS, Linux and Chrome OS using the open source Wine technology. We are currently looking for a CrossOver Lead Software Developer to join our team.
[About the position]
This person will be responsible for leading the development of CodeWeavers’ software, CrossOver, that allows the ability to run Windows software on non-Windows platforms for people around the world. This is a cross-functional role working closely with Engineering, Marketing, and our executive leadership team to bring valued software that delights customers on a daily basis. This is primarily a programming role however it is expected that the successful candidate will help define and execute a strategy and roadmap for the product. Position is currently remote, but must be willing to eventually work out of our Saint Paul office or willing to relocate.
[What you do]
- Lead and implement the customer-facing elements of CrossOver using PyGTK for Linux and Cocoa for macOS.
- Work with internal teams (Wine developers, quality assurance engineers and operations) to ensure that software implementation plans match expectations.
- Help define success criteria for testing and product acceptance.
- Coordinate beta tests.
- Serve as a product evangelist and subject matter expert to the technical/developer community.
- Work with Marketing and Support to uncover and understand customer needs and translate them into requirements.
- Facilitate creation and maintenance of proper product documentation.
- Understand, research and follow technical trends in the industry and in general.
- Assess emerging products and companies to measure their potential value or threat to the company and its products, as well as make recommendations on which new technologies to invest in or leverage.
- Analyze a variety of data sources to understand the needs, performance, and trends with the CrossOver product.
[Who you are]
- Experience building and shipping multi-platform consumer-oriented software products
- Experience with C, Objective-C and Python
- Experience with Xcode and NIB/XIB-based development
- Experience with Git or similar
- Passionate about user interface design
- Familiar with Unix conventions
- Understand the platform conventions on macOS, Linux, and Chrome OS
- Passionate about open source software and creating connected communities
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to translate and articulate complicated business problems into easily understood solutions and functional requirements
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, Design, Customer Success, Marketing and Business Development
To apply for this position, please submit a resume and cover letter telling us (informally) a bit about yourself and why you’d be a good fit for the CodeWeavers team.
Apply for Lead Software Developer
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly