Are you ready to work for an outstanding organization that offers a stable work environment; provides employees with an excellent, fully comprehensive benefits package; has opportunities for advancement; and provides a supportive and fun work environment? Do you enjoy knowing your mission is to provide a safe and reliable vehicle to transport our most precious and brightest minds? Then we would like to invite you to come join the outstanding Transportation Department at Eden Prairie Schools!
While here you will work with the best in the field maintaining transportation vehicles and district equipment; making necessary repairs according to code or maintenance schedules so that vehicles and equipment are available and operate safely, effectively and efficiently. Please review more details on our website at www.edenpr.org/jobs.
POSITION: Lead Mechanic (Full-Time position, 8 hrs/day, 5 days/week)
LOCATION: Transportation Department at Eden Prairie Schools
RATE OF PAY:
- Training Period: $30.53/hr ($63,502/yr)
- The Training Rate is effective the first 90 days, then you will move to the Regular Rate.
- Regular Rate (after training ends): $31.05/hr ($64,584/yr) + opportunities for additional income* (see below).
*Additional Income Opportunities:
- ASE Certification + $1.00/hour -or-
- Master ASE Certification + $2.00/hour
- Red Cross CPR Instructor or Red Cross First Aid
Instructor Certification + extra $1.00/hr (while training
or while recertifying)
BENEFITS: Outstanding comprehensive benefits package:
- Health Care Plan ($0 to low cost for single or family coverage)
- Dental Plan ($0 cost for single or family coverage)
- Life ($0 cost - up to 2x salary provided)
- LTD ($0 cost to employee)
- FLEX Plan (optional tax-savings plan for employees)
- Tax-sheltered annuity (a district match is provided)
- Pension Plan (a district contribution is provided)
- Tuition Reimbursement available
HOURS PER DAY: 8 hours/day
START & ENDING TIME: TBD
WORKING DAYS PER YEAR: 260 days/year, year-round position
PAID HOLIDAYS, VACATION, and SICK TIME: 11 paid holidays/year; 10-28 days of paid vacation days/year; and 12 paid sick days/year.
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Vocational technical graduate in truck repair/mechanics is required.
• Bus Driver's training. Knowledge of bus and drivers safety.
• Three year's mechanical bus/truck experience.
• Five years with a good driving record.
• Knowledge of mechanical bus/truck repair.
• Ability to comprehend technical manuals.
• Ability to work well with students, staff, and community.
• Ability to repair a variety of equipment within a deadline despite interruptions.
• CDL within the first three months is required (district will assist candidates with this process).
TESTING REQUIRED: To be determined
APPLICATION REVIEW TO BEGIN: Application review will begin immediately, but the position will remain open until filled.
APPLY ON-LINE: WWW.EPJOBS.ORG - Transportation
EDEN PRAIRIE SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Eden Prairie Public Schools is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment in accordance with all applicable Equal Opportunity laws, directives and regulations of Federal, State and Local governing bodies or agencies. Eden Prairie Public Schools does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation or age.