IT ETL Analyst
Job Description Job Summary: Analyzes business requirements and defines data requirements from upstream systems. Translates requirements into technical specifications, data models, data mapping and transform rules. Leads extensive QA/UAT in partnership with the Business Intelligence (BI) team. Develops the ETL (Extract/Transform/Load) code needed to gather data from the appropriate source systems into the BI databases using the Microsoft suite of business intelligence tools. Work with support teams to understand existing systems and to help troubleshoot, optimize and tune ETL process as needed. Job Duties: Takes ownership of minor modeling and ETL tasks. Knowledge of internal business processes as they relate to the applications and their data. Act in a supporting role on larger analytics projects and data warehouse maintenance efforts. Maintain accurate system documentation, procedures, logical and physical diagrams. Collects and reviews system data for troubleshooting purposes. Design, develop, and tests all types of data movement or modifications requested and approved by management using SSIS. Production support, maintenance and monitoring of existing ETL processes. Execute performance tuning of ETL loads. Works with some supervision from the Data Architect and ETL Developer. Learns new technologies through the use of self-study materials and mentoring. Ability to articulate technical information clearly and simply to users or other non-technical personnel. Provide support for 24x7 business operations including on-call. Follow incident, problem, and change & release management processes. Multi-task and work in cross functional team. Days Monday - Friday Hiring Rate or Hiring Range 1. Based on Qualifications Requirements
- Any combination of post secondary education in Business, Information Technology, or related IT field experience to equal 4 years.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and sound judgment. Strong analytic and troubleshooting skills required.
- Understand basic ETL concepts of data flow, data enrichment, data consolidation, change data capture and transformation.
- Experience with SQL language and database concepts (indexing, keys, referential integrity, and table metadata).
Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS.
- Knowledge and understanding of data warehousing and business intelligence concepts.