Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm with additional days and hours as required
Directs all phases of construction, seeing that contractor performs work according to the best interest of the Company. Responsible for the safety and progress of construction activity and personnel.
• Draws and sketches installation and location of equipment, such as amplifiers, power supplies and cable.
• Obtains all permits, easements, etc. as required.
• Prepares material orders for construction.
• Directs personnel, materials and equipment to given locations within the system.
• Inspects pole installations to insure compliance with work specifications.
• Logs work completed and prepares progress reports as required.
• Provides information as directed, about problems or potential problems, which might impede progress.
• Travels to and inspects regularly the progress and quality of construction projects performed by system personnel.
• Monitors compliance with terms and conditions of construction contracts with outside firms.
• Reviews invoices from contracting firms, as well as monitoring progress, performance, quality and timeliness of construction and proper utilization of Mediacom materials.
• Performs recruitment, hiring, monitoring, evaluating and disciplining of field personnel.
• Implement quality control checks and monitor safety practices.
• Develop and maintain good relations with utilities, general public and governmental agencies.
• Maintain, through inventory procedures, required equipment and material levels by effective planning, ordering and conservation of physical resources, to ensure optimum plant operations.
• Act as a liaison between other departments.
• Performs quality control inspections on all field personnel on a regular basis to assure quality and recommend additional training as needed.
• Climbs ladders, towers or other structures as needed. Carries and lifts loads of up to 70 pounds; uses bucket truck when required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Two to three years cable construction experience, including progressive supervisor experience.
• Ability to read and utilize system maps and plans.
• Knowledge of construction, electrical codes (related state and local codes) and safety precautions.
• Valid driver’s license with satisfactory driving record, required.
• ACAD experience preferred
• Microsoft Office experience preferred (Excel-Word-Outlook)
• Procurement experience preferred
Email Mediacom Recruiter Directly at: email@example.com
Keywords: Supervisor, Construction
Mediacom endeavors to make mediacomcable.com/careers accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our careers website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or dial 845-443-2408. Any inquiries regarding employment application status, resume submittal, open positions and any other general inquiries will not receive a response.
Apply for Construction Supervisor
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly