Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Volunteer Manager position at the Central Office in Saint Paul, MN.
The Volunteer Manager is responsible for leading the effective management of new and existing volunteer relationships for CommonBond. The manager oversees volunteer recruitment, application processes, volunteer training, ongoing communication and recognition, and assuring accurate database management. This position would be ideal for a learner who is motivated to take on new challenges.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ASSOCIATED TASKS
1. Leads effort to recruit and manage program volunteers
2. Recruits and coordinates other volunteer needs through the organization
3. Volunteer Services Administration.
4. Facilitate ongoing communication with volunteers.
- Demonstrated experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Three years of volunteer management or relevant experience.
- Ability to network and develop community-based relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Associates degree or experience in a related field.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative team environment with both internal and external partners.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Office and web-based programs.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and/or pull up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to file documents.
- Ability to enter data into a computer.
- Ability to interact verbally with internal and external audiences.
- Must be willing and able to travel between sites.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as scheduled.
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone.