Outside Maintenance Specialist
Job Description Schedule would be: Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday 3:00pm -1:30am Job Summary: Maintains landscape items to include turf, trees, retaining walls, and all plant stock, and cleanliness of the outside property to include sidewalks, parking facilities, landscaped areas, and roadways. Responsible for winter snow removal and traffic control as needed.
- Performs outside maintenance and preventative maintenance on parking lots and sidewalks. Pressure washes and/or scrubs sidewalks and garage decks. Completes outside painting projects including but not limited to sign bases, light pole bases, and bollards.
- Completes snow plowing and snow removal of property sidewalks and roadways using vehicles and equipment. Driving is an essential function of this job. Employees must adhere to the driving standards determined by the SMSC.
- Ensures that all outside areas are kept free of debris to include parking lots, parking garages, and landscaped areas. Changes trash liners and keeps roadways clear of debris.
- Constructs and maintains new and existing landscape including retaining wall systems. Operates equipment to construct and maintain landscape projects. Mows, repairs, and maintains turf areas.
- Plants, waters, and weeds flower and plant areas. Plants and prunes tree and shrub stock.
- Provides traffic control for special events, including placing and removing signs, cones, and barricades.
- Completes regular deliveries and non-regular moves for non-gaming enterprises including off property orders. May assist Gaming Enterprise departments with dock-to-dock moves.
- Occasional Tasks
- Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
- Outside maintenance and/or landscape experience or a combination to equal two years.
- Ability to operate a forklift or skid loader or must be able to complete training to properly operate within the first 90 days of employment
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- Outside work 90% of time.
- On feet or standing 75% of time.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Exposure to odors / fumes
- Exposure to extreme temperatures