VIDEO SYSTEMS ENGINEER – II
VIDEO SYSTEMS ENGINEER – II
To work at Twin Cities PBS (TPT) is to be connected, inspired, and supported by the people you work with and by our communities around us. We are a collection of storytellers, analysts, planners, and creative minds on a common mission: to reach and inspire our communities to learn more, see more, BE more. And, you could be part of this team!
Twin Cities PBS has an immediate opening for a full time Video Systems Engineer -II to plan, install, configure, maintain and operate a diverse array of file-based and live-streaming video production, distribution and database management systems.
- Operate and repair video equipment under the pressure of live production and events.
- Manage projects to plan, procure, install, configure and test new video systems.
- Install and diagnose video editing software running on both PC and Macintosh platforms.
- Diagnose issues in file-based workflows including video, audio and captions.
- Configure and troubleshoot sophisticated automated file transcoding equipment.
- Configure and troubleshoot video compression, multiplex and streaming systems.
- Diagnose and refine content management database applications.
- 10+ years work experience in video systems engineering including: knowledge of video, audio and captioning file formats; associated transcoding systems; video streaming compression systems; as well as PC and Macintosh computing platforms.
- Demonstrated skills in database application development and troubleshooting.
- Strong creative technical analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage projects encompassing hardware, software, and user systems including professionally document and installing those systems.
- Ability to accurately operate and repair equipment under the pressure of live production.
- Ability to work collaboratively by creating and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to lift and carry approximately 50 lbs, and work from a ladder or elevating lift.
- Full color vision acuity is required for precise color matching of cameras and displays.
- This position requires occasional nights and weekend.
- Bachelor’s degree in related technology preferred.
- Basic knowledge of RF broadcast systems preferred.
- SBE certification preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of transmitter experience, preferred.
Additional details about the position:
- This is an IBEW Union Position.
To learn more or to apply, please go to TPT.org/careers/job-openings and click the “Apply for Jobs” button.
Twin Cities PBS is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veteran and Disability employer. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation during the application or recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)