Ely Area Food Shelf
The Ely Area Food Shelf is entering an exciting “new chapter” as we become our own 501c3 Nonprofit Organization. And as part of this positive change, we’re opening a Search for our new nonprofit’s first Executive Director.
Our Organization: For the past 18 years the Ely Area Food Shelf has been meeting the needs of our friends and neighbors who aren’t able to access sufficient amounts of nutritious and affordable food. Over the past 6 months we’ve provided food to 3,021 people. We are actively working to eliminate hunger through community partnerships.
The Position: Working in partnership with the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for providing leadership to ensure the achievement of our mission, program goals and financial objectives.
Executive Director Responsibilities:
- Leadership/ Supervision / Coordination of operational volunteers – To include volunteer recruitment, coordination with Volunteer Coordinator regarding scheduling, training and recognizing volunteers
- Operations oversight - For food inventory and procurement, working with staff and volunteers to insure safe food storage / handling and distribution, cleaning and sanitation, and facility maintenance
- Public Relations and Community Outreach
- Financial Oversight – Will work together with the Treasurer and Bookkeeper to ensure accurate financial records and reporting
- Program Statistics and Reporting – Maintains statistical information for organizational planning and reporting to grantors
- Fundraising – Will work together with the Board on fundraising activities
Hours and Salary: This is a part-time position working approximately 80 hours per month, twelve months a year. Salary commensurate with experience.
Start Date: January 1, 2021
Interested Applicants: Please send a letter outlining your qualifications, resume, 3 References that we may contact, by November 15 to: firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to Attn: ED Search, Ely Area Food Shelf, PO Box 786, Ely, MN 55731.