Housing & Services Regional Manager
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team.
CommonBond Communities welcomes applications for a full-time Housing & Services Regional Manager overseeing a portfolio of properties in the Greater Milwaukee, WI area. The Manager is responsible for overseeing the operation of fiscally sound, well- maintained, and socially healthy housing communities and provides leadership and guidance to property and services staff.
The Housing & Services Regional Manager promotes relationships with community and partner organizations, supervises and develops staff, maintains program outcomes measurements, and provides oversight of fiscal management, benchmarks, and other reports. The Regional Manager is an excellent communicator, problem solver, with the ability to maximize property performance, meet budgeted goals, and support programs and services for resident stability, advancement, and independence.
WHY COMMONBOND COMMUNITIES?
- Work-life balance
- Competitive salary
- Employee referral program
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Ongoing training and professional development
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Leadership
- Provides property managers and resident services with direction to achieve performance goals.
- Assures site staff receives updated training regularly to ensure proficiency.
- Provides advisement/direction on all resident issues.
- Coordinate with the leaders in property management and resident services to communicate issues and plans of action for resolution.
- Work with the affiliate board and site staff to create plans for preserving the site’s long-term affordability.
- Represents the site and corporation to public agencies and the community.
- Holds staff meetings to discuss global issues, provides global insights, and motivates. Solicits feedback from the group.
- Provides property manager and resident services with written feedback regarding site visits.
- Hires, manages, and mentors property managers and resident services staff in all aspects of operations. Assures company policies are followed in the hiring process and coordinates training for site staff. Conducts performance appraisals not less than annually.
- Provide leadership for staff and ensure that all services and programs delivered meet the needs for resident stability, advancement, and independence.
- Design and implement programs. Participate in program evaluation efforts and quality assessment.
- Stay abreast of current needs, innovative resources, and best practices related to services.
- Participate in fundraising activities, such as grant reporting, budget oversight, and identification and collection of in-kind resources.
- Responsible for program administration related to records maintenance, statistics, and reporting. Provide information as requested.
- Walk grounds, vacant units, and common areas including assessing signage, lighting, and parking surfaces. Inspects properties regularly and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Assesses physical condition of properties, makes recommendations for capital needs; keeps owner advised of major maintenance issues/projects.
- Has site staff shopped quarterly.
- Summarizes current concerns and plans of action for improving performance.
- Establishes an on-call system to provide repairs and/or assistance 24 hours day 7 days week.
- Provides written analysis as needed and as requested. Prepares quarterly site visit report a minimum of once a quarter. Provides a verbal presentation of site progress.
- Keeps abreast of the timeframe of turning units, adjusts performance as needed to achieve a 24-hour turnaround.
- Negotiates, reviews, and abides by all terms of the Management Agreements.
- Stays abreast of, monitors, and complies with all compliance issues, laws, and code issues; specifically all fair housing laws, HUD rules, and regulations, and LIHTC requirements, building fire and safety codes, state tenant/landlord laws.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local laws pertaining to fair housing, ADA, all physical requirements, including but not limited to pool rules, fencing, lighting, etc.
- Ensures compliance with all CommonBond Housing policies and procedures.
- Meets department benchmarks for occupancy.
- Coordinates with property managers to write effective marketing plans aimed at achieving and maintaining a minimum 97% occupancy rate.
- Drafts and secures arrival for annual operating plan and budget for resident/owner board.
- Reviews and approves all capital expenditures below $2,000.
- Reviews and approves all service contracts and contracted repairs below $2,000.
- Completes quarterly owner’s reports as required for each site.
- Completes budget packages for outside owners and regulatory agencies, including narrative summaries, market analysis, forecasting, capital needs projections.
- Ensures timely and accurate submission of reports, payables, etc.
- Analyzes risks and resolutions reports as well as move-out reports for resident services performance reporting as enhancing the financial performance of the property.
- Develop, coordinate, communicate, and adjust operating plan/management plans as needed to ensure budgeted goals are met.
- Four-year degree or equivalent experience in property management.
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations.
- Solid track record of successful financial property performance and budget management.
- Three years of experience with multi-site management.
- One year of experience developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating human or social service programs focused on ethnically, socially, and/or economically diverse populations.
- Ability to network and develop community partnerships.
- Demonstrated commitment to and experience working within diverse communities, which include people of various ages, gender, sexual orientations, national origins, income levels, ability levels, religious affiliations, races, and languages.
- Analytical capability and a methodical approach to presenting and interpreting data.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Solid skills and experience with managing, training, mentoring, and motivating staff.
- Access to reliable transportation.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Certification in CPR and First Aid or have the ability to become certified within six months of starting position.
- Three or more years of experience developing, implementing, managing, and evaluating human or social service programs focused on ethnically, socially, and/or economically diverse populations.
- Master’s degree in social work, human services, nonprofit administration, leadership, or related field.
- Grant management.
- Proficiency in YARDI.
- Ability to sit for up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
- Use of hands and arms to use a computer keyboard, adding machine and calculator.
- Able to walk, climb stairs, stand and squat or perform property inspections and tours.
- Must be willing and able to travel extensively between sites.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends as necessary or determined by supervisor(s).
- Must be willing to carry a cell phone.
- Perform all other duties as evident or assigned by Director or Property Management.
This job description is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the regional manager position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities, or working conditions associated with the position.