Director of Marketing & Communications
POSITION: Director of Marketing & Communications
CLASSIFICATION: MnSCU Academic Supervisor 1
STARTING DATE: Approximately December 14, 2020
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
SALARY RANGE: $25.98– $37.64/hour ($54,246-$78,592/annual)
To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by November 9, 2020. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
- Serve as an integral part of the strategic and enrollment management planning process by providing leadership and direction for institutional marketing and branding, program-specific marketing, and internal and external communications.
- Responsible for the development and execution of external marketing, website, social media, media production, media relations, production, and joint marketing with Foundation and internal communication strategies.
- Provide communications leadership in the areas of public and media relations, crisis communications, oversees/proofs and approves content of website, social media, and other day-to-day communications.
- Provide communication support, content development and writing to the President and Vice President, including, but not limited to, legislative relations, community presentations, and op-eds.
- Collaborate with college leadership to develop the ATCC brand and work collaboratively with the college community to ensure brand integrity and to tell the story of the college within Minnesota State.
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis on marketing and/or communications.
- Three (3) years’ experience leading strategic marketing and creative efforts.
- Demonstrated organizational and management abilities to lead marketing and communications efforts in a complex and multi-faceted organization.
- Demonstrated experience in marketing management, market research and planning, strategic marketing and advertising conceptual development, production processes, tactical implementation and delivery systems.
- Demonstrated experience and skills in generating and implementing creative marketing ideas.
- Demonstrated experience in content and story development and creative writing.
- Experience in supervising and leading staff, and supporting a culture of diversity.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to work well in a collaborative, decision-making environment while inspiring the development of high-quality marketing materials.
- Specific technical knowledge in digital marketing and social media, eMarketing, print, and electronic media.
- Ability to handle financial and procurement issues, including managing a marketing budget.
- Experience in a variety of media planning and buying.
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Previous marketing experience in higher education.
- Broad working knowledge of educational trends, liberal arts and technical program curriculum, as well as transfer and admissions procedures.
- Experience in using Adobe creative suite.
ATCC is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources.
Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach a letter of application, electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney; (320) 762-4466;
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.