PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEO COORDINATOR
This new opportunity is with the UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN-STOUT’S School of Art & Design and Video Production Program with over 75 faculty/staff, and over 1,200 students; the largest higher education art and design entity in the upper Midwest. A 9-month academic year position, with summers being off-contract. Flexible start date of January 2021.
Oversee the operation of various photography and video studios in multiple buildings at the University. Acquire, maintain, and manage checkout – in collaboration with faculty and staff – equipment and software as it pertains to industry-standard practices in photography and video. Train and supervise student employees. Maintain and manage the expanding archive of documented digital student work and other media that supports teaching, assessment, and accreditation. Maintain typical university work week hours during the academic year, with occasional after-hours event support and attendance.
Minimum / Required
- Knowledge Microsoft Office Suite (such as Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Willingness to learn about the operation and maintenance of photographic equipment and technology, including still photography, video photography, lighting, and motion capture hardware
- Experience with coordinating systems, tools, inventory, or processes within an organization
- Ability and desire to work with students, faculty, staff, and administrators across several units
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team environment on collaborative efforts
- Evidence of excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving, and customer service skills
To ensure consideration complete applications must be submitted online by December 1st. Screening of applications may continue until the position is filled.
To view the full vacancy announcement and apply go to: https://jobs.uwstout.edu/photography-and-video-coordinator/job/14439182
For questions regarding this position or recruitment, please contact:
Search Chair: Dave Beck, Director of the School of Art & Design
As an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, UW-Stout is committed to inclusive excellence and is actively seeking applications from individuals from diverse groups, veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
An offer of employment is contingent upon the final candidate passing a criminal background check and a reference check process.
Sponsorship is not available for this position. Must be authorized to work in the U.S.