Loan Accounting Specialist
United Bankers’ Bank has an exciting opportunity for a Loan Accounting Specialist who will serve as the primary back up to our Loan Operations Manager as well as provide minimal administrative support to our Chief Credit Officer.
- Responsible for daily balancing of GL accounts and loan transactions. Reviews daily payments for accuracy and completion. Checks everything is in balance and up-to-date.
- Assists with OREO and Nonaccrual accounting.
- Provides backup support to Loan Operations Manager.
- Assists with Loan Department reports. Assists with assemble and delivery of the Loans section of Board Reports.
- Reviews FINCEN 314a list for current or past customer relationships.
- Assists on Exams/Audits: gathers and explains information requested by examiners/auditors.
- Serves as backup for other Loan Operations staff.
- Serves as a backup for processing daily Online Loan payments via Online Banking.
- Serves as a backup to complete/update Loan Property Tax spreadsheet.
- Processes daily Student Loan payments, transactions and adjustments.
- Downloads and saves daily Student Loan reports from website.
- Assists with quarterly Call Report preparation and responsibilities; serves as the primary backup.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or related field, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Accounting knowledge and experience
- General Ledger experience
- 2 years of experience in loan processing including loan documentation preferred
- Windows, Internet Explorer, proficiency in Microsoft Office suite with advanced proficiency in Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to format, create and maintain formulas, use mail merge-function, create fill-in forms, download from SNL to Excel, etc.
- Knowledge of Jack Henry/AS400, Sageworks and LaserPro preferred
To view a summary of our superior benefits package and apply for this position, please visit our Careers page at https://www.ubb.com/about-us/careers.
Based in Bloomington, MN, United Bankers’ Bank is a highly successful and growing banker’s bank that was originally chartered in 1975. Today, United Bankers' Bank has over $900MM in assets and has grown into one of the largest correspondent banks in the upper Midwest and Pacific Northwest area. The 1,000-plus customer banks we serve stretch across 14 states. Our motto, “First for Your Success,” reflects the importance UBB places on helping our customers and our employees succeed.
United Bankers’ Bank is an EEO/AA employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.