- Employment Status
- Full Time
Coordinate land transactions for the SMSC including residential leases, trust acquisitions, purchases and right-of-way grants. Coordinate completion and recording of residential plats. Provide information on land priority lists for Business Council use.
- Complete, record and file residential leases for all community members; terminate leases on death of lessee.
- Performs office and field work to appraise and negotiate for acquiring and disposing of real property or property rights for SMSC use; prepares documents to secure clear title; examines, prepares and oversees the execution of legal documents such as deeds, easements, leases, options and right of entry; manages SMSC owned real property leased to others and negotiates leases for property for SMSC use. Prepares or reviews environmental impact reports and related documents; makes public presentations; prepares reports and correspondence
- Coordinate proper preparation and recording of residential plats.
- Assist staff and management in preparing land use planning documents.
- Coordinate addressing for new residential plats with the Building department.
- Facilitate acquisition of land in trust for the SMSC.
- Combination of education and/or experience in real estate, land use planning, legal assistant or related field to equal five years.
- Knowledge or experience related to Indian land regulations
- Notary Public or ability to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Valid driver's license required with a good driving record.
- Knowledge or experience related to Indian land regulations, tribal trust land, and or tribal law.
- Knowledge or experience related to National Environmental Policy Act and its application in Indian Country.