Heavy Equipment Operator
Operates landscaping and construction heavy equipment; ensuring landscaping and snow removal projects are completed to provide a safe and aesthetically pleasing environment for guests and team members.
- Operates all heavy landscaping and construction equipment for large-scale landscaping, snow removal, and operational functions. Operates street sweeping equipment. Driving is an essential function of this job. Employees must adhere to the driving standards determined by the SMSC.
- Completes maintenance and preventative maintenance of parking facilities to include sweeping, scrubbing, pressure washing, sealing of decks, and other routine maintenance.
- Performs outdoor striping/painting of parking lots, garages, and roadways, throughout SMSC-owned property. Lays out new or re-striped areas and removes lines.
- Operates specialized equipment such as trenchers, edgers, sod cutters, and chain saws for landscape repairs and maintenance. Plants, prunes, and fertilizes all trees, shrubs, and flowers, and mixes and applies chemicals to turf areas.
- Supports other Enterprise departments, Tribal Operations, and the Community with special projects such as setting up, striping, and signing temporary parking areas.
- Provides traffic control for special events, including placing and removing signs, cones, and barricades.
- Maintains and repairs equipment. Assists fleet as needed including performing welding, fabrication, and repairs on vehicles and equipment.
- Performs in the capacity of an Outside Maintenance Specialist
- Maintains flags, poles, and related hardware throughout the SMSC property.
- May direct the work activities of the Outside Maintenance Specialist and Grounds Specialist positions for general shift work and for snow removal purposes.
- Two years experience operating commerical landscaping and heavy construction equipment.
- Must possess a valid Class "B" driver's license and good driving record.
- Two years experience in landscape construction and maintenance.
- High School graduate or GED.
- Knowledge of welding.
- Industrial Truck Driving permit may be required (forklift).
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Temperature extremes - As related to climate conditions. May work in sub-zero conditions in winter or excessive heat in the summer in a non-climate controlled environment.