Apply online to www.parker.com/careers (Search by Location- New Hope, MN)
New Hope, MN
Summary / Objective:
The Assembly Operator performs: line component assembly and individual sub-assembly, material and final washing, rework and repair operations, and pallet loading. The Operator B assists in maintaining quality and manufacturing processes to meet company objectives and achieve customer satisfaction.
- Prepares work to be accomplished by studying job packet and work instruction. The Operator B gathers parts, sub-assemblies, tools and materials necessary for production.
- Assembly operations examine parts for correct fit and fasten parts and subassemblies per the work instruction.
- Assembly operations verify specifications are met through visual inspection, in-line measuring and final test equipment.
- Demonstrates capability to meet standard level of productivity.
- Resolves problems to meet specifications; notifying Lead Person or Supervisor to obtain additional resources.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality forms.
- Keeps equipment operational and in specification by alerting Quality Control or Maintenance of preventative maintenance requirements.
- Maintains product quality by following established procedures and customer requirements.
- Promotes and maintains a clean and safe work environment by complying with procedures, policies, and regulations.
- Maintains required safety practices for operation and Notify Lead Person or Supervisor immediately of problems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Lead Person or Supervisor.
- Participates and contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintains daily housekeeping.
Exposure to manufacturing environment, including exposure to oils and cleaners, loud noises requiring hearing protection, exposure to moving parts, equipment, and coolants. Eye protection required in all plant work areas and safety shoes required with steel toe and must be slip resistant.
Employee must regularly lift and move up to 23 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The employee is required to walk, stand, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Must be able to stand for 8 hours per day.
Required: High School Degree or Equivalent
Ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team environment. Willing to work overtime and weekends as needed, determined by business need. Previous experience in manufacturing environment preferred. Entry level position so will provide on the job training.
1st Shift: Monday-Friday 5:00am-1:00pm
2nd Shift: Monday-Friday 1:00pm-9:00pm
3rd Shift: Sunday-Thursday 9:00pm-5:00am
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for all positions.