Diesel Mechanics Faculty
POSITION: Diesel Mechanics Faculty (PCN 00749790)
STARTING DATE: Approximately January 4, 2021
APPOINTMENT: Full-Time Unlimited
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by November 23, 2020. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
Alexandria Technical & Community College transportation programs’ graduates are recognized for industry leading excellence in the heavy truck, construction, and ag equipment sectors. The college is searching for an instructor that will work with existing faculty in building on this tradition of student success, expanding industry partnerships, and positioning the program for future growth.
Full-time instructional position to teach courses in diesel mechanics. This position will be in the Transportation Division of the college. Other duties will include, but are not limited to:
• recruiting and interviewing prospective students
• developing and delivering curriculum
• maintaining and promoting a safe working environment
• managing the diesel mechanics program and projects
• maintaining diesel mechanics shop and equipment
• advising current students
• assisting in job placement for graduates
• maintaining an on-going relationship with industry
• completing the teaching and learning competency requirement in first three years of employment
• Two year diploma in diesel mechanics technology
Occupational Experience Requirement
• Four full-time (or equivalent) years of verified related paid work experience in diesel mechanics.
• One year of this work experience shall be within the five years immediately preceding the date of application for the credential field. The recency requirement shall be waived if the individual has two years of successful full-time (or equivalent) postsecondary teaching experience in the credential field within the last five years.
• Experience as a CDL Class "A" tractor-trailer/truck driver within last five years
• Valid Minnesota Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and U.S. Department of Transportation Medical Certificate (DOT Health Card) or ability to obtain one
• Certification to perform annual DOT commercial vehicle inspections
• Other industry related certifications
• Work experience in repair and maintenance of on- and off-road equipment
• Teaching/training/mentoring experience
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work both independently and with a variety of people as a team member
• Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities
• Ability to adapt to different computer applications
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources
Click on Academic Jobs – “How to Apply” link to apply. You must apply online and attach a letter of application, electronic resume and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney; (320) 762-4466; Fax: 320-762-4450; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alexandria Technical and Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance and retirement plan.
Alexandria Technical and Community College is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. This information will be made available in alternative format, such as large print or cassette tape, upon request.