Finance and Administration Manager
Employer: Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
Location: St. Paul, MN
Closes: Open Until Filled
Employment Status: Full-time
Finance and Administration Manager
- St. Paul, Minnesota
- The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota
The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota (ILCM) is seeking a Finance and Administration Manager who will be based in the St. Paul Office.
The mission of the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota is to enhance opportunities for immigrants and refugees through legal representation for low-income individuals, and through education and advocacy with diverse communities. Our goals are to:
- Remedy legal problems by providing quality immigration legal services to low- income immigrants and refugees of all nationalities; and
- Prevent legal problems by providing law-related education to immigrants and refugees of all nationalities;
- Raise public awareness of immigration issues to encourage sound public policy that protects the universal human rights of immigrants and is both compassionate and practical
BACKGROUND: The Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota (ILCM) is a 32-person office with five locations in the State of Minnesota including two Saint Paul offices and offices in Moorhead, Worthington, and Austin. ILCM has been in operation for 23 years, and is funded through individual, law firm, corporate, United Way, foundation, and local, state, and federal government support.
Location: Saint Paul, MN
Activity Area: Legal, Civil Rights, Advocacy, Crime
Job Category: Finance, Administration, Legal Services
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $57,000- $73,000 (DOQ)
Position Type: Full Time
RESPONSIBILITIES: The Finance and Administration Manager is responsible for the organization’s financial management, accounting, budgeting, and administrative functions to ensure that the organization fulfills its mission and effectively uses its resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Lead the annual budgeting process, including preparation of the budget for Finance Committee and Board assessment and approval.
- Prepare and provide timely financial reports and management information to the Executive Director, Finance Committee, and the Board of Directors.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of the organization’s fiscal condition and trends in order to assist the Executive Director and the Board in performing their fiduciary responsibilities.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Develop business plans, forecasts, and financial analysis of new and existing programs and manage the financing as necessary.
- Prepare three-year financial operating plan relating to the strategic plan, assuring that resources are directed to appropriate opportunities.
- Act as financial “watchdog” ensuring expenses and revenue projections are appropriate and fiscally responsible.
- Ensure fiscal policies, controls, and separation of duties are followed and continuously improved to ensure sound financial practices, protection of assets, and efficiency in all administrative areas.
- Oversee the annual financial audit, mandatory state and federal program audits, and preparation and submission of the IRS 990 report.
- Coordinate financial management with fundraising and development activities of the organization.
- Supervise and support the work of the contract accountant.
- Participate as an ex-officio member of the Board Finance Committee and attend Board meetings as needed.
- Lead operations and risk management for the organization, including but not limited to negotiating and reviewing office leases for all locations, participating in contract negotiations and review as needed, managing yearly renewal of all insurance packages, including comprehensive and professional liability, to minimize risk and exposure; and managing and ensuring continuous improvement of disaster recovery for business processes.
- Manage IT operations for the organization, including liaising and negotiating with IT vendors (managed IT services, phone services, technology consultants etc.) on behalf of the organization, coordinating staff and volunteer training on use of IT software and hardware, and, managing the development of effective safeguards for the organization’s information systems including back-up technology, disaster recovery plans, and security/password protocols.
- Support management of human resources functions.
- Supervise small team of 1-3 administrative staff members
COVID-19 Special Requirements
During remote work as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, serve as supervisor of the day at the St. Paul Office at least one day per week and participate in COVID-19 management taskforce.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business or related field required, CPA preferred; two to four years of related experience, preferably in the legal or nonprofit sector, with Finance and Administrative accountabilities; management experience should include staff supervision, financial oversight and reporting, budget development, and compliance with grant, contract, and legal requirements; successful track record in financial and operations management and successful collaboration with development and program teams desired; experience with financial management in nonprofit with multiple types of funding streams and programs preferred.
Other Skills/Requirements include:
SALARY: Salary range is $57,000- $73,000 (DOQ), dependent on experience. Benefits include paid-time-off; health, dental, life, short-term disability, and long-term disability insurance; and retirement plan with employer matching.
APPLICATIONS: Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please forward cover letter and resume to email@example.com or mail to ILCM Legal, 450 North Syndicate Street., Suite 200, Saint Paul, Minnesota 55104. Position is open until filled. For further information on the Immigrant Law Center of Minnesota, please visit www.ilcm.org.
ILCM is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. ILCM provides equal opportunity to all applicants for employment in accordance with all federal, state, and local laws and will not refuse to hire any qualified individual, or otherwise discriminate against any individual by reason of an employee’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. ILCM is committed to providing all reasonable accommodations required by law to qualified individuals with disabilities who are applicants for employment and who are employed at ILCM.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Knowledge of organizational structure, workflow, and operating procedures.
- Detail-oriented, able to meet deadlines, and manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Understands confidential nature of organization information and maintains confidences.
- Ability to mentor and support staff to achieve a high-level of performance and professional development
- Work as an effective and proactive team-player; understand the importance of supporting coworkers.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and relationship building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities, including developing relationships with clients, partnering agencies, Board members, volunteers, independent contractors, and staff. Able to communicate clearly in person and in writing.
- Proficient in all Microsoft programs including word processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), database, and email (Outlook) computer applications. Experience with Teams and Sharepoint platforms preferred.
Apply for Finance and Administration Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly