Sous Chef Little Six Casino (2nd shift)
Wed Noon- 10:pmThurs Noon-10pmFri 1:30pm-11:30pmSat 1:30pm-11:30pm
Manages culinary operation of outlet for assigned shift. Prepares and directs staff in the preparation of food products according to department standards. Supports culinary operation in providing high quality food that enhances the guest's dining experience which drives repeat business.
- Prepares and assists in the preparation of food products.
- Trains, develops, motivates and directs staff. This includes completing performance appraisals.
- Manages culinary operations of outlet for assigned shift.
- Ensures quality and consistency of food products.
- Ensures proper sanitation of all equipment.
- Ensures compliance with all prescribed food and safety standards.
- Conducts taste tests to ensure quality and consistency.
- Occasional Tasks
- Any combination of culinary education and cooking experience to equal five years.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English clearly.
- Basic knowledge of sanitation practices, quality control, recipe interpretation and prep duties.
- Must pass Cook I test.
- Must complete formal tasting audition.
- Basic knowledge of computer keyboard for simple data entry or information retrieval.
- On feet or standing 98% of shift.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Exposure to varied temperatures between freezers and hot line equipment.