DIRECTOR OF ADMINISTRATION
The Office of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is seeking an experienced Director of Administration to support the mission of the Office by providing professional management of and guidance in the areas of finance and accounting, payroll, client billing and reporting, and Information Technology (IT).
· Maintain comprehensive oversight of an approximately $40 million/year operating budget.
· Supervise Finance, and the manager of IT.
· Oversee stewardship of financial and other resources in compliance with contracts and a variety of state and federal laws or policies.
· Monitor the Office’s system of internal controls and make adjustments to training and/or assignments to help ensure the office runs smoothly.
· Ensure client billing and reporting complies with statutory and contractual requirements.
· Revise or develop administrative policies, procedures, and training to accomplish the above.
· Develop and refine the Information Technology plan in consultation with the Director of IT, the Technology Committee, and executive leadership.
· Provide necessary support and direction to the Director of IT to implement the Information Technology plan.
This position will be filled at either the Manager 2 (M2) or Manager 4 (M4) level, based upon the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience.
To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect the following minimum qualifications:
· A minimum of five years (M4) or three years (M2) of administrative management experience which includes a broad range of the functional areas listed above.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy, or related field.
· Excellent written and oral communication skills.
· Management of complex, cross-functional projects - ideally including Information Technology components.
· Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience interpreting and applying these principles.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, or other equivalent software.
· Proficiency using financial databases, software, or systems.
· Excellent interpersonal and human relations skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working and collaborative relationships with internal and external customers, direct reports, and colleagues.
· Ability to communicate and present data to a variety of audiences in engaging ways in order to further the audiences’ understanding of complex information and help drive decisions.
· Attention to detail, and the ability to thoroughly review and present accurate information and accurately process financial transactions.
· Knowledge, skills, and abilities in the principles of management and supervision to effectively hire, lead, motivate, professionally develop, evaluate, discipline, reward, manage, assign work to, and foster teamwork in direct reports.
· Ability to lead and manage change.
· Commitment to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace.
· Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Public Administration, Public Policy, or related field.
· Considerable knowledge of state government finances, budgeting, financial management, auditing and reporting requirements, and federal and state budget structures or similar experience in a non-profit or law office.
· Knowledge of the State of Minnesota’s legislative process, including fiscal notes.
· Experience interpreting and applying accounting principles and standards to local, state, or federal governments.
· Experience with the State’s Accounting and Procurement System (SWIFT).
· Experience with the state’s budgeting and fiscal notes systems (BPAS, FNTS).
· Experience with the State’s Human Resources and Payroll System (SEMA4).
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
Why Work For Us
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
Applications: You may express interest in this position by submitting a cover letter and resume that includes your relevant experience and academic credentials. The deadline to apply is Friday, December 4, 2020. You may submit this information as follows:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attn: June Walsh
75 Dr. Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 102
St. Paul, MN 55155
The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).