Home is the foundation for everything in life. Since 1971, our model has been about supporting residents in finding stability and achieving their goals. It’s why we’re more than housing—we combine quality affordable homes with our on-site Advantage Services—because we believe that with the right support and opportunities, all people can thrive. Today, over 13,000 people—families, seniors, veterans, and people with disabilities and other barriers—call a CommonBond community “home.” Our core values are Respect, Integrity, Partnership, Innovation, and Excellence. We live these values and look for people who embody them to represent our organization in the community. If this sounds like you, please consider joining our team. CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Compliance Technician position at our Seward Tower West property in Minneapolis, MN. If you’re excited about helping families in having a stable place to live, consider applying for this position!
CommonBond invites qualified applicants to apply for a full-time Compliance Technician position at our Seward Tower West property in Minneapolis, MN. If you’re excited about helping families in having a stable place to live, consider applying for this position!
The Compliance Technician is responsible for assisting with administering the site’s subsidy program and administrative tasks involved with the day-to-day management of the site, and are an important part of the Property Management Team. This team is a team of highly motivated professionals who are committed to serving our diverse resident population.
Why CommonBond Communities?:
- Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
- Employee recognition and rewards program
- Employee referral program
- A respectful and growth-oriented workplace
- Ongoing training and professional development
- A chance to make a difference in the community!
- Responsible for the site-based, property management program compliance
- Interviews residents and timely processes certifications in accordance with HUD rules and regulations along with CommonBond Communities policies and procedures
- Accurately enters compliance information into YARDI (computer software system)
- Maintains resident relations to promote a positive image for the development, program, and CommonBond Communities
- Supports property management by professionally administering marketing, leasing, subsidy administration, and the turnover operations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy with numbers and details
- Ability to maintain an accurate record-keeping system
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Outstanding customer service
- Carry out CommonBond’s Mission, Vision, and Values
- Working knowledge of federally assisted housing regulations
- Industry certification in HUD programs or Tax Credit
- One-year property management experience
- Experience with YARDI software
- Fair Housing knowledge
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to type data in a computer
- Ability to file for extended periods of time