Accounts Receivable Specialist
JustUs Health is hiring part-time Accounts Receivable Specialist to manage the billing components of our Behavioral Health Clinic. In this role, you will report to the CFO and work closely with our clinic staff by troubleshooting billing issues and making sure our billing process is as efficient as possible for our clients, therapists, and clinic. As an Accounts Receivable Specialist, you’ll bring experience in clinic billing, co-pays, and deductibles to a position that requires fast solutions and the ability to juggle many things at once.
This is a part-time position working 20 hours per week and will be required to work in the office during training in a socially distant and safe environment.
- Resolve claim issues with insurance companies by phone, website, email to ensure appropriate payments are received.
- Respond to all billing and follow up inquiries from staff, contract therapists, clients, and third-party payers.
- Troubleshoot accounts receivable.
- Provide excellent care and service to internal and external customers.
- Bill and collect private pay clients via Square.
- Resubmit claims denied due to incorrect or incomplete insurance information.
- Maintain client insurance records in Procentive to ensure accurate billing and contact information.
- Assist CFO with special projects and additional duties as directed.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in accounts receivable or collections, experience in copays and deductibles strongly preferred.
- Experience working with electronic health records and medical billing software – we use Procentive.
- Individuals with lived experience or a passion towards our target populations (Gay/Bi/MSM/Queer, Transgender, African American, multi-racial communities that are disproportionately impacted by HIV, HIV positive people, and those engaging in risk behaviors for HIV in individual and group settings) are encouraged to apply.