Retail Operation Administrator
7 days left
- Employment Status
- Full Time
Job Description Job Summary: Responsible for strategic vision and tactical execution, driving profitability, high-quality service, and consistency in meeting and exceeding Sales goals and Company Standards. This role provides leadership and direction to retail stores, child services, and recreational departments within SMSC through effective oversight of systems and activities that promote and enhance the organization's operational efficiencies & drive long term financial profitability. Budget/Asset Responsibilities: Responsible for preparing and managing the department budget and overseeing the appropriate use of all department assets. Job Duties:
- Utilize retail industry knowledge, community, and field input to identify productivity and cost saving opportunities throughout every retail enterprise in order to optimize payroll, expenses and improve customer service.
- Becomes knowledgeable on existing retail technology, processes, and business models in order to identify gaps and areas of opportunity.
- Responsible for ROI calculations, as well as the implementation of the identified savings opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of retail processes and standards to ensure our payroll standards reflect current business procedures and activities.
- Establish successful partnerships across all facets and levels of the organization and will have significant visibility to the SMSC Business Council.
- Deliver annual topline and bottom line financial goals for company operated departments.
- Develop and implement operational and in-store / facility strategies.
- Deliver the division annual budget plans.
- Monitor financial results, (margin reviews, budget variances) assess factors impacting performance and take appropriate actions to achieve annual operating plan.
- Responsible for delivering the customer experience to drive traffic, comp sales and customer loyalty.
- Understand competitive landscape and trends.
- Develop innovative retail approaches that provide a premium customer experience and meet our financial and operational goals to be competitive in a dynamic environment.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA preferred
- 20 + years of leadership experience in a retail or recreational-driven organization
- Highly analytical with a track record of and passion for delivering results as measured by increased revenue and profit
- Forward-thinking and results-driven mentality with the ability to establish a vision and discern the best solutions for achieving company strategic objectives and goals
- Committed to collaboration and communication throughout the organization and to share the vision to all employees
- Executive communication. Expresses ideas clearly and uses language to build common understanding.
- Execution and results. Aligns resources to accomplish key objectives and assigns clear accountability for important objectives. Achieves meaningful accomplishments.
- Influence. Inspires and motivates others to take action.