Machinist - 2nd Shift
Are you an experienced Machinist, proficient in the use of mills, lathes and drill presses? Pro Staff has an opportunity at our employee-owned client company in Alexandria, where you’ll support production by:
- Interpreting blueprints and drawings
- Setting up, operating and programming machines for production work that involves close tolerances
- Sending and receiving programs to/from network
- Stamping and deburring
- Quality checks
- Routine machine maintenance
- Other shop related duties as assigned
- Technical degree in Machine Tool Technology or related field and 2+ years’ experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to set up tooling, write and execute programs
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Proficient in the use of precision measurement tools
- Strong problem-solving, organization and mechanical skills
- Positive attitude, strong work history and a desire to succeed in a manufacturing career
Pro Staff, a Staffmark Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative, Clerical, Light Industrial and Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities.
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.