Perform equipment setup, operation, equipment adjustments and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency. Run tests on all assemblies and equipment to test for safety and productivity before they are put into production. Identify potential solutions for improvements, mechanical errors, safety issues or any other inefficiencies. Work closely with engineering with prototyping, testing and production releases.
Pay Rate: $19-$21/hr
- Set-up, Assemble and test products for functionality, efficiency and quality.
- Troubleshoot problems with equipment, devices or products.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for efficiencies and quality.
- Inspect finished products for quality.
- Prepare and crate product for shipment.
- Keep production logs.
- Prepare production documents, such as standard operation procedures, productivity reports.
- Setting up production cells for new products or improve current production cells for efficiency.
- Measure and record data associated with manufacturing.
- Participate in Kaizens and Lean activities.
- Training production personnel on new product processes.
- Look up drawings to aid in assembly.
- Enter data to create labels and maintain production records.
- Use the business software system to perform routine transactions such as: receive and allocate jobs, kit and complete work orders, check stock levels and BOM contents, etc.
Engineering Department Interface:
- Maintain communication with engineers on issues regarding current systems.
- Troubleshoot problems with customer returned equipment
- Assist engineers in developing, building, and testing of prototypes or new products, processes or procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1-5 years previous experience.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently following general procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.