Manufacture ink and related fluids by following formulation sheets and package fluids for orders to be processed and stock purposes. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor/manager.
Starting Wage: $18.50/hr
- Manufacture fluids by following formulas.
- Prepare mixer by weighing and loading raw materials into mixer.
- Monitor the mixing process. Perform routine product tests.
- Package fluids including labeling and containerizing according to specifications on manufacturing order. Operate packaging equipment such as pumps, sealers, scales, etc.
- Complete necessary job paperwork, checklists and forms.
- Clean up equipment used in manufacturing process.
- Access business software to perform routine functions such as: issue kits, research inventory, receive and allocate jobs, etc.
- Keep supervisor informed on inventory levels of material. Participate in cycle count program and check stock inventories as requested. Count parts and weigh-count chemicals.
- Maintain clean and safe work area.
- Train other coworkers as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- 1-5 years experience is required.
- Excellent hand to eye coordination.
- Good mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to adapt to changes in production schedules.
- Ability to read and interpret documents.
- Ability to use general math skills (add, subtract, multiply, and divide).
- Ability to work independently following written and verbal instructions
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copier, fax, computer, etc.
- Use of skills requiring motor coordination with finger dexterity (e.g. assembly of small parts/components, machine operation, etc.) during most of a normal workday.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than 45 pounds.
- Required to be exposed to a physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, and similar elements during most of a normal workday.
- Required to stand up to 80% of workday.
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.