Machine Operator I
Machine production shop environment. Set up and operate bender and punch press equipment to produce orders within specification. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Starting wage: $18.00 per hour
- Operate machines used for producing metal parts
- Prior industry experience preferred but not required, training is provided
- Unload and load materials by hand; handle material up to 50 pounds.
- Perform quality checks and examine product for defects to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Opportunity for occasional overtime.
- Must wear PPE and adhere to all safety rules.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, physically challenging environment.
- Must be able to work on a regular basis at least 40 hours per week.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to operate machinery (Will train the right person)
- Basic math and measuring skills
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (English literacy)
- Prior experience working in a fast paced manufacturing environment is a plus
- Must be flexible
- Fork lift experience a plus
- Safety oriented
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Minimum of 0-3 years previous experience
- Maintain inventory accuracy. Participate in cycle counting program. Notify Supervisor of count discrepancies and shortages.
- Train other co-workers as needed.
- Work Safely. Maintain a safe, clean and organized work area.
- Other duties as assigned.
Located in Brooklyn Park, Mn, Engage Technologies Corporation is the parent company of Squid Ink, Eastey, AFM, and Cogent Technologies. Squid Ink is a manufacturer of coding and marking systems and fluids for product identification and traceability. Eastey is a leading manufacturer of heavy-duty shrink packaging equipment and automated case sealing systems for packaging applications. American Film & Machinery is a leading manufacturer and supplier of heavy-duty shrink sleeve labeling equipment, shrink tunnels, and shrink sleeve consumables. Cogent Technologies manufactures infrared drying systems used to dry ink in the industrial and graphics industries.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: Engage Technologies is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, protected veteran or military status, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.