Job Description: The Fabricator position fabricates, assembles, and packages composite parts. The work involves hand lay-up, vacuum bagging, vacuum infusion, and other composite manufacturing processes, as well as mold cleaning and preparation, sanding, grinding, cutting, and some painting processes. An attention to detail is required for a majority of the parts fabrication, due to the high specification requirements of the completed components.
Pay Rate: $20-$22/hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday 7am-3:30pm (with overtime during the week and on weekends as needed)
Inspect, clean, assemble, apply release agent, and prepare molds for use Sand, grind, and prepare surfaces prior to lay-up of fiber reinforcements Cut fabrics, core materials, and consumables as required for the project Lay-up, fit and install fiber reinforcements and core materials Mix and apply resins/coatings Hand lay-up: Apply resin to reinforcements and core materials with brush, rollers, and squeegees Must be able to work a flexible schedule, weekends, or overtime as required in support of customer demand Experience vacuum infusion process is an advantage (but not required)
Academic/Education Training Requirements:
- Minimum 12 months in a manufacturing environment
- Vacuum infusion process experience
- Familiarity with resin systems, fiber reinforcements, and core materials
- Able to read, write and communicate in the English language.
- Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions
- General math skills
- Read a standard and metric tape measure
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Able to stand 8 hrs (or duration of shift)
- Able to use small hand and power tools: Drills, saws, router, sander, grinder, scissors, lamination rollers, hammer, chisel, box cutter, allen wrenches, screwdrivers, pliers, box end and ratchet wrenches
- Measuring tools: calculator, calipers, tape measure, templates, T square
- Hands on/can do attitude
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.