Facilities Supervisor (Job#2021-01)
Director of Human Resources & Facilities Management
Associate Executive Staff (AES)
St. Paul Office
Exempt / Level 7
Under the direction of the Director of Human Resources & Facilities Management, the Facilities Supervisor will oversee all building and grounds maintenance for our headquarters building. The responsibilities include but are not limited to coordinating the maintenance and compliance of Education Minnesota properties. This is a working supervisory position directly responsible for managing small and large-scale construction projects and coordinating lease agreements for leased properties. This position is responsible for ensuring that all Education Minnesota facilities are safe, secure, sanitized and operate in compliance with State and Federal regulations. The facilities supervisor will also be responsible for managing contractors, training new employees, and working with third-party vendors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Managing and supervising all facilities personnel including maintenance and custodial duties.
- Planning building maintenance and operational programs.
- Project management.
- Managing vendor contracts.
- Ensuring the efficiency of all building systems.
- Coordinating site safety programs.
- Maintaining a safe work environment for all employees.
- Ensuring all processes are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Managing facilities planning and space allocation.
- Preparing cost estimates for office moves and equipment.
- Coordinating with management and building contractors.
- Managing maintenance of grounds, lawn service, snow plowing and landscaping.
- Ensuring all utility systems are inspected and in accordance with regulations.
- Negotiating bids and contracts for third party workers.
- Coordinating building security (lighting, doors locking, and security cameras) and maintenance services.
- Ensuring the building is always clean.
- Coordinating activities like parking space allocation.
- Coordinating all maintenance issues and schedules.
- Preparing and filing reports with government and regulatory authorities including environmental permitting.
- Performing analysis and forecasting 12 month, 24 month, 60 month, 10 year 15 year etc.
- Other job duties of a like or similar nature as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of commercial property management best practices
- Knowledge of construction best practices
- Knowledge of HVAC operations
- Knowledge of topography and commercial landscaping
- Knowledge of basic electrical and plumbing
- Knowledge of custodial best practices
- Knowledge of OSHA requirements in the workplace
- Knowledge of unions
- Knowledge of non-profit organizations
- Ability to follow company policies, procedures and protocols
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Ability to mentor, lead and train staff
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strict adherence to company policy/philosophy/strategic goals
- High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Five years’ experience working in the building(s) trade
- Two years’ experience as a building supervisor, worksite supervisor, superintendent or equivalent level with people management.
- Experience managing large scale (example: $1M+) projects or physical assets.
- Intermediate level proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Valid Minnesota driver’s license and personal transportation.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, facilities management, business management or related field.
- Certification in facilities management.
- HVAC Certification
Maintain confidential information related to the organization and all personnel employees and staff.
MACHINES AND/OR TOOLS OPERATED:
- Personal computer
- Word processing, spreadsheet and database software
- Internet and browser software
- Pressure Washer
- Power Scrubber/Burnisher/Polisher
- Power tools
- Hand Tools
Work is in a general office environment. Employee is required to: talk and hear; frequently stand, walk and repetitively use hands dexterously (use fingers to handle, feel), reach with hands and arms, bend and physically, lift and carry up to 25 pounds; occasionally lift up to 75 pounds and infrequently travel by various conveyances (e.g., air, rail, auto).
- Some travel with overnights stays
- Frequent evening and weekend work required.
EDUCATION MINNESOTA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Education Minnesota is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where diversity is valued, supported and celebrated to benefit applicants, employees, members and students. All employment decisions are based on qualifications; merit and business need with preference given to people of color.
POSTING DEADLINE: For consideration, apply online and include a resume no later than midnight of Monday, January 25, 2021.
Please click this link to apply: