Machine Shop Helper
We are currently hiring for a Machine Shop Helper in Appleton, Wisconsin. Come work for a custom job shop that has a family-friendly team environment, and focuses on service to their customers. The Machine Shop Helper will assist with general manufacturing and labor duties, assist with completing manual and other related tasks related to the final finishing of machined parts.
- Assist with deburring, cutting apart parts, and sanding parts to ensure quality of finished product
- Perform manual tasks requiring lifting, pushing or pulling of up to 60 lbs. at any given time
- Set up, operate and adjust manual equipment such as hand routers, pneumatic hand tools, power cutting tools, drill press, sanders, jointers and planers.
- Efficiently analyze the backlog of work to organize it in an efficient sequence to meet lead-time and flow requirements.
- Maintain housekeeping within work areas assigned as well as assisting others as needed.
- Ability to accurately use basic precision measuring equipment to verify compliance to dimensional specification.
- Accurately and efficiently complete paperwork required by the job such as inspection sheets and work orders.
- Accurately account for and report work completed and scrap generated.
- Previous experience using hand tools
- Detail oriented & reliable
- Ability to frequently lift up to 50 bs and occasionally 60 lbs
Pro Staff, an Atterro Human Capital Group company, offers short-term to long-term projects, temporary to contract-to-hire, or direct placements. With proven expertise in Administrative/Clerical and Light Industrial/Manufacturing backgrounds, Pro Staff matches the right people with the right career opportunities. Atterro Human Capital Group offers its services through its four specialty brands-- Digital People Creative and Marketing, Hunter Hamilton Finance and Accounting, Pro Staff Administrative and Light Industrial, and Ware Technology Services for engineering and information technology.
About Pro Staff
Pro Staff is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, medical condition, genetic information, mental and physical disability, political affiliation, union membership, status as a parent, military or veteran status or other non-merit based factors. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application, interviewing and employment process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Pro Staff is an E-Verify employer. This policy is applicable to all phases of the employment relationship, including hiring, transfers, promotions, training, terminations, working conditions, compensation, benefits, and other terms and conditions of employment.
All employees are directed to familiarize themselves with this policy and to act in accordance with it. All decisions with respect to employment matters and other phases of employer-temporary employee relationships will be in keeping with this policy and in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.