HUMAN RESOURCES ASSISTANT
The Office of Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison is seeking a Human Resources Assistant to provide administrative services and advanced technical personnel support. This position will maintain personnel files for over 300 employees and process human resources transactions within the State of Minnesota’s human resources information system (HRIS). Other responsibilities include tracking varied required reporting, onboarding new staff, and benefits administration.
Why Work for Us
The Office of Attorney General Keith Ellison — one of Minnesota’s largest public law offices — has a clear mission: we help Minnesotans afford their lives and live with dignity and respect. We’re a dynamic group of dedicated people who could all work elsewhere but choose public service as a calling, and we’re actively building an internal culture that supports that calling. We invite you to apply to be part of the team that helps recruit, support and train dedicated attorneys, legal assistants, investigators, and other staff, all focused on helping Minnesotans.
To be considered for this position, your resume must reflect the following minimum qualifications:
Experience, education, or combination of both demonstrating the following:
- One year experience in a Human Resources or related role or a bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related study.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products with the ability to run reports and queries.
- Knowledge of employment law, rules, and regulations.
- Customer service expertise to provide prompt, courteous, and accurate information in person, over the phone, or through written correspondence.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Ability to work independently by handling, prioritizing, and completing a variety and significant volume of HR data and task correctly and timely.
- Data entry skills sufficient to ensure accuracy when entering employee data into a HRIS.
- Analytical skills sufficient to audit, identify, and correct data errors.
- Math skills sufficient to add, subtract, multiply, divide, calculate percentages, and use simple formulas.
- Experience with SEMA4 (PeopleSoft) personnel transaction processing system.
- Knowledge of State of Minnesota personnel laws, rules, policies and procedures, and union contract provisions.
- Knowledge of State of Minnesota insurance benefits and various plans offered throughout the state.
This position requires successful completion of the following:
Selected candidate will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment.
We offer a great benefits package! The State of Minnesota offers a comprehensive benefits package including low cost medical and dental insurance, employer paid life insurance, short and long-term disability, pre-tax flexible spending accounts, retirement plan, tax-deferred compensation, generous vacation and sick leave, and 11 paid holidays each year.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume that includes relevant experience and/or academic credentials to:
Office of the Minnesota Attorney General
Attn: June Walsh
75 Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Suite 102
St. Paul, MN 55155
Note: The Attorney General’s Office greatly encourages, celebrates and values diversity. It is an equal opportunity employer which does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or military status. If you need reasonable accommodation for a disability, please call June Walsh at (651) 757-1199 or (800) 627-3529 (Minnesota Relay).